UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Please help my tiler has refused to put my tiles on the wall!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

funny enough i was in there cardiff store a few weeks ago ,and after a swing round,i ended-up at the mosaic collection and was talking to the two shop peeps and i said some of there range was unsuitable for fixing, the guy tried to tell me i was talking crap,the woman kept quite then i told him why (the same prob as Dean has ) that shut him up then the woman asked very good questions and wrote my answers down , then they agreed with me as it make sense,and i left the store !! what a coincidence :thumbsup:

T

The D

Where is jbrooks on this's Dean does she expect you to fit them ? She haven't been back with an answer from Porcerlanoser yet after asking for advice from the forum

No m8 she is not expecting me to fit them she is just waiting for porcelenosa to come back to her. I think she just wants them to change the tiles for something suitable. The last I herd Spain had said there was nothing wrong with the tiles but Jacqui is more of a pitbull than me so they have no chance.

P

Perry

No m8 she is not expecting me to fit them she is just waiting for porcelenosa to come back to her. I think she just wants them to change the tiles for something suitable. The last I herd Spain had said there was nothing wrong with the tiles but Jacqui is more of a pitbull than me so they have no chance.
Do you know if Ian Davey is Still MD ? In UK
I must admit I delt with them for years in the end I felt all they were interested in was where the could make the most money not enyone else shame because the used to be the best tiles in the world IMO just the same as all the rest money money money customer what's that

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Diamond Pool Finishers

i did a pool two years ago in essex ,and the pool company said there are cracks/and mosaics coming loose on the floor ,so i took a look and at the time i could not explain it, i called in ardex,and they could not explain it, we then contacted waxmans they came and looked and could not explain it,they said it must be my fault, so i said i would put it right at my expense ,in the meantime waxmans had supplied a sample to ardex, who stunned us all,and said two things the mesh was covering to much of the tile, and the mesh had been stuck to the tile with a water soluble glue ,and accused waxmans, who immediately withdrew the mosaic from sale and paid for the job to be re-tiled, this was my first experience of these problems ,and it showed me how everyone is ready to blame the tiler,and pick his pocket good on ardex for coming clean

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I'd have to agree with that Mark. I first though perhaps the paper would soak in the product enough to warrant satisfactory adhesion leaving just the cotton or whatever it is which would perhaps act as a reinforcement, or something weird like that. Too much trust in the general trend of products perhaps (I am an Apple user after all!).

We should scrutinise other products as a huge team like this more often. It's been educational to say the least!

J

Jbrooks

Conclusion of "help my tiler is refusing to put my tiles on the wall"

I'm sure after 87 replies 2,739 views a lot of falling out between "boys" and "gentlemen" you will want to know the out come.

First and foremost I want to say "thank you" to Dean for all his knowledge, understanding and professialism on this job.
Porcelanosa gave me the choice of either a full refund or the choice of another tile.

I'm sure we all agree that manufactures do get things wrong on occasions.

It May take Spain a little while yet to admit they are wrong in the manufacturing of this tile, however this is only going to happen with more tilers like Dean refusing to put these tiles up to do something about it????

I have to say I posted this thread in the hope that experienced tilers had come across the same problem and could advise me, however, I was very shocked in some of the replies like "Your tiler bottled it"! "Nothing wrong with the tile"

I think we have all learn't something from this thread "you never stop learning and learn from others" and you will never be out of work.....

J

Jbrooks

photographs of the finished wet room, first class job done by Dean wet room 1.jpg wet room 2.jpg wet room 3.jpg wet room 4.jpg wet room 5.jpg wet room 6.jpg wet room 7.jpg wet room 8.jpg wet room 9.jpg wet room 10.jpg wet room 11.jpg wet room 11.jpg wet room 13.jpg wet room 14.jpg

Reply to Please help my tiler has refused to put my tiles on the wall!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Are there any BS standards covering this please I have recently had 3 sides of a shower tiled...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I'm new here and was really hoping for some professional advice. I bought a new...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I had an en-suite tiled in July 2017, we noticed a leak in the hallway in December...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’m looking for a bit of help please. My house was a new build 18 months ago and...
Replies
Views
J Sid
J
It was his first day today. I found him on mybuilder. He wasn't the cheapest quote and I chose...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.