Discuss Please Help! Problem with Porcelain Floor Tiles - Wobbly in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 9966

Thanks. How much would it cost approx. To get it all stripped out and redone? Area is 50sq ft.

Hi Milly

we don't discuss pricing and costs in the public forums. You are quite welcome to post an advert in our I'm Looking for a Floor and Wall Tiler forum and have a number of our members come to quote for the rip out and re-do work.

I think it would be fair to say that it will now cost more than what you originally paid to have it done in the first place.

I would personally be pursuing the original tiler to come in and rectify the mess and if he says he will not, then pursue him through the courts to have the whole lot sorted out at his expense.

GRR

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Milly, you should not have to Know what to look for, when you employ a professional you should be able to trust them to do the job correctly.

Much the same as I trust the mechanic who services my van, I, along with I'm sure my fellow members are gutted when we hear stories like yours. You pay for a job in good faith, and expect a top class job. This guy is not a tiler, and the law should come down on your side.

Another example why trades should be licensed imo. I again hope you get this resolved with no cost to yourself, I wish I was in your area I would love to put this right at a discounted rate. I hope this so called "tiler" gets his just rewards, sorry to go on, but I have spent a lifetime trying to do my job to the best of my ability. Good luck:thumbsup:

P

Pebbs

I just read the comments and looked at the images...first thing is you have to write the letter setting out all the defects, legally he has to the right to correct this appalling workmanship, send the letter recorded delivery. If he doesnt respond then I would go legal, im disqusted that he is passing the buck. Stick to your guns Milly, because the chances are if he's done this to you he will do it to the next person he undertakes work for.

Pebbs

D

doug boardley

I just read the comments and looked at the images...first thing is you have to write the letter setting out all the defects, legally he has to the right to correct this appalling workmanship, send the letter recorded delivery. If he doesnt respond then I would go legal, im disqusted that he is passing the buck. Stick to your guns Milly, because the chances are if he's done this to you he will do it to the next person he undertakes work for.

Pebbs
This really irks me (not you Lynn!:lol:), why on earth should cowboys be given a chance to rectify shoddy workmanship? granted that we can all make a slip or mistake from time to time, but for overall incompetence I think the law should be changed:incazzato::incazzato:

M

Milly

Thing is I've repeatedly asked him to sort the flooring out but he is unresponsive. The 2 occasions that he did come he broke a couple of tiles and fit new ones. However the problem is still there. Plus he only addressed the odd tile here and there and not the entire issue.

So in the letter can I not just write that I've repeatedly given you chances to rectify the matter but you haven't so now I would like the following so I can have the work redone??

S

Saltire69

Agree with all above. The fixing is terrible. Would just like to say regarding the grout lines, they are a bit small for under heating(2mm). I would go up to 3mm(BSI) or 4mm. When you get the work redone. Hope you get it fixed.

Need glasses i think. It does look like it's 3mm spacing but in the close 1 it looks like it tapers from the centre off the 4 tiles.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Please Help! Problem with Porcelain Floor Tiles - Wobbly in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB