Discuss Pythagoras theorem in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
What you call a staff I was taught by the old tilers this method but it was called a Pinchrod,have not used this method much now just use the Stanley set square now.

So now we have the full superhero team The Pythagorator and his trusty sidekick Pichrod and their faithful butler Stanley...

Ok, how would you actually apply this method in a tiling situation? I've never really had to because the largest floors I do are 50-100 m2 so just use my folding square. The reason I ask is because I was working with another tiler recently and he was giving it the big 3-4-5 rule so I asked him to show me, I quickly realised yes, he was well aware of the theory like myself but he had no idea how to put this in to practise.

Its not about the size it will work with any measurement eg. mark 300mm one way 400mm another and to make a right angle the distance between both measurements should measure 500mm. any measurement x3 then x4 will make a right angle when the distance between your marks is by x5.

C

charlie1

Its not about the size it will work with any measurement eg. mark 300mm one way 400mm another and to make a right angle the distance between both measurements should measure 500mm. any measurement x3 then x4 will make a right angle when the distance between your marks is by x5.

Yep, i understood the theory fine, it was actually how to use it I was struggling with but it was explained in one word "arcs" very simple really.

T

Time's Ran Out

Brilliant thread, very illuminating. All posts (well the sensible ones) have been duly noted and this will be something to go into the paper alongside the pinch rod posts, thanks! :thumbsup:

Unfortunately Lawrence my mate 'Pythag' and I copyrighted this theory a few years ago and since he's not around anymore all royalties go to me! So any mention of his name ( alphabetically he came first) - it was originally ' The Pythagoras Timeless Theory of setting out Tiles' , and my retirement fund is credited. All correspondence reference the usage of this theory should be addressed to my solicitors Hadaway and Sxhite, 999 Letsby Avenue, Newcastle Uon Tyne.

Reply to Pythagoras theorem in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
We had our loft bathroom done a month ago and are having issues with the tiler (recommended on a...
Replies
Views
Vinny Kehoe
V
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB