Discuss Pythagoras theorem in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Italy

+/_

IMG_20161101_165543.jpg

Q

Qwerty

right..... so only used to work out if you have a true 90deg angle? no other purpose?

If theres something I ain't seeing then I'll happily sit in a corner with a dunce hat on! but wanna learn at the same time.

You use it to find a true 90° angle. Use it to centre a room that is off centre or to find if a room is square or not.
A practical use on most floor setting out jobs

As a complete novice and still learning, although I know and understand the pythag rule, still struggling to see how or why it would be used in tiling...... Anyone fancy drawing a diagram of a situation where it would be useful?

Feel free to call me thick, but its bugging me as to why I can't see its use.

Well you would use it to check your square line on the floor. I used to use it all the time.
First , down goes my parallel line , then using my old wooden set square I would then ping down the square line in the center of the room. Then use 3,4,5 to check said line to the longest possible measurent. From this you can then check out the perimeter for square.
Also when using quarries , you would work in say 3ft/4ft boxes , these are all measured and pinged from your intial square line.

Diggy

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Pythagoras theorem in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
We had our loft bathroom done a month ago and are having issues with the tiler (recommended on a...
Replies
Views
Vinny Kehoe
V
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB