UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Shading Issue in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rookery

Just tiled a wall in an en-suite with 200 x 250 glazed ceramics from BCT. Neither I nor the customer noticed some tiles a different shade until grouted. Tiles were picked from different boxes during tiling. Boxes had no batch number on but shop confirmed to the customer they're all one batch at the time of purchase. Customer is very happy with my work and has paid me, including a tip. What would you do in these circumstances?

S

Spud

there is always some slight shading with ceramics even within the same batch, years ago they used to puton the boxes that you need to work out of several boxes as you fix to mix the tiles this stopped the stop start effect of working out of one box then moving on to another they also used to put that you need to check your material before fixing as no claims could be made once the tiles were fitted ,to be honest its not something you see too often these days as the glazes and quality control is much higher these days ,

R

Rookery

Thanks guys. Yes the customer bought the tiles and he was assured by the shop that they were all the same batch. They are a very very pale grey colour, though some paler than others. The boxes had been opened I think by the customer, they werent taped up so unlikely to be mixed returns. I did work from 3 boxes as I fixed. Having finished the job and been paid, the customer is still happy with me and my work. His dispute is with the tile shop who, inevitably are going to blame me. I'll report back if it gets ugly.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
If the tile supplier has told the customer they are from the same batch the buck stops there. If there is no batch codes to work from you did right picking from different boxes as you tiled.
I would say it's not your problem. But i would also return to said tile shop with the the customer when they take it up with them so you can defend yourself.

It,s the same old thing Tiles,Adhesive problems it always fall,s back on the tiler,the trouble is these company,s are to big to fight in the court,s ,once had a big adhesive failure did every thing by the book I called in the tech guys from the adhesive company even tiled a small area with him and it failed as well a week later,but the report came back saying it was the tiler,s fault.lost all faith in Fastflex.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Shading Issue in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

N
Hi all turned up to my job this morning laying 60x60 Versace porcelain and have complaints about...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
T
Working for a supplier, we get a few issues with batch variation. The complaints we get nearly...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
O
Tiling with Homebase floor tiles today....... Same colour boxes, Same batch numbers, Same day of...
Replies
Views
Who's to blame When a customer ignores your advice and purchases there own tiles from a diy shed...
Replies
Views
What the customer said: Sean: You do not have enough tiles to complete the job. Cust: Thank God...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
bcd-87
B

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.