Discuss somebody help me in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

stevee

hiya peeps, ive always considered myself master of the queens english

lightning fast silver tongue has served me well

but one situation crops up repeatedly and i need help from likeminded

when i go to price some jobs im greeted with

"ive already PVA the floor for you" .........or

"ive already PLY the shower wall "

the problem is when i try to explain this isnt good ,they allways say........

people have done it that way for years..... bearing in mind i go to look at a fair few regout jobs,which i know theyre gonna tell me theres ply behind the tiles

ive stopped doing these regrouts now

so i need a similie to come back at em with like "people have been using WHATEVER for years ,but now dont because of whatever

any ideas,cos im stumped,cheers steve

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bobbin

There are various printouts you can provide for evidence against using pva.
The other option is to get them to sign a disclaimer stating you will not be held responsible for any issues because of it. If they are adamant that that pva is fine and has been for years they will have no issues with signing a disclaimer.

At the end of the day it's your reputation on the line. If they won't listen as they know best, it's your judgement at the end of the day. You know what is the right way of doing this and this sets you above the cowboys out there. Stick to your guns pal :)

M

Mike

years ago tiles were generally smaller and lighter so certain materials were capable of being used in conjunction with them but these days in most circumstances are inefficient for the job. E.g. years ago tubbed adhesive was 'ok' to be used in wet areas but now we wouldn't think of it. just because we got away with it years ago doesn't make it right to do it that way again, especially now as we know better. the internet has surely helped peoples knowledge on correct procedures too

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to somebody help me in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A
hi everyone, firstly i went to have a look at a kitchen floor that needed tiling.now there were...
Replies
Views
Hi guys and girls. Need a bit of feedback from you, VIA EMAIL (I'll close this thread) - Send...
Replies
Views
K
Can any one help me plzzzzz Im looking for a Gres de valls daino beige tiles It's for the...
Replies
Views
K
M
Hi, I'm a plumber by trade and doing up a bathroom..my bathroom. Now I am being forced by...
Replies
Views
L
Hi people i am new to this so please bare with me. i want to change my career and get into...
Replies
Views
White Room
W

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
somebody help me
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.