Discuss tiling over chipboard floating floor! help needed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
I've no doubt fast flex will stick to the floor and the gt1 will not crack, as I've said I done it to small floaters, but its also worth thinking about weather the tiles will hold out and not crack if the floor is deflecting a lot..

at the end of the day its a chance only you can decide if its worth taking..

or just do it and change you phone number... (joke)

O

On one

I have done only one 'floater'...A large kitchen 600 x 300 slate with the afore mention Fastflex and grouted with GT1 over glued and screwed down 8x4 WBP. The customer was aware of the possible failure and was also aware off what prep was req as his Dutch Father in law had had a floater of his tiled previously.
Like others I am not aware that this has floor has failed,and I'm not hard to contact as we pass each other most mornings going to work in opposite directions.
SAying that....I went to look at a small repair job following a water leak this afternoon. Turns out 300x200 slate floor tiled straight on to a floating chipboard floor with very weak sand and cement mortar,result.....total failure of the tiles in 2 rooms.
So it can be done correctly,some of the time!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to tiling over chipboard floating floor! help needed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views

UK Tiling Forum Trending

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.