UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Started a job in Chelsea today! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Protilers

Been to Chelsea today to start this Big job......Four bathrooms and a kitchen..plus a small toilet....
Anyway, here is how it went:

Room 1 primed ready for insulation.......

1-20.jpg

2-20.jpg

all good, insulation in and on to room 2:

4-7.jpg

then I installed the insulation in this room:

5-5.jpg

after this I went back to room 1 to install the heatmats.......to discover that the floor space is "exactly" 3.6m2 and the mats I have come out as (really weird).....2.0 + 1.5.....
TWO MATS FOR ONE ROOM........3.5 M2.....AND THEY ARE TOO BIG!!!!!!!

so I informed the builder and stole a mat form another room (3m2)........and installed it and the sensor etc................(no picture due to stress!).......but her it is latexed!:

3-9.jpg

So tommorrow I will try and install a mish mash of (two) mats to fit the other room from the 8 mats I have onsite.......and carry on!!!!!!.....

who would be me EH?

best wishes

Lee!

P

Protilers

I would :lol:. I started house in richmond last friday. today, tanking in two bathrooms done. Start tiling tommorow :hurray:. And relax Lee :thumbsup:

You would not want to be me Tony......for starters I dont have 2 of the badges you have!!!!!!

congratulations by the way.......(I did not get an opertunity to vote).....but I have to say.....the work you did in that garden was spectacular...........was it all jet cut?...

best wishes

Lee.

P

Protilers

If the wheels of industry are turning, your earning.

not on day 1 Whitebeam....today I donated a lung in materials and fixings etc........but by the end of the week I should be back square...plus a couple of quid!......

mind you I am doing two bathrooms at a time SOLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deserves a bit of recompense IMO........hehehheheehhehehehhheehhe

best wishes

Lee...........(the dumbass)

Tony73

TF
Arms
acton w3, london
You would not want to be me Tony......for starters I dont have 2 of the badges you have!!!!!!

congratulations by the way.......(I did not get an opertunity to vote).....but I have to say.....the work you did in that garden was spectacular...........was it all jet cut?...

best wishes

Lee.
Thanks mate , and no i cut all tiles by hand with angle grinder and then polished edges ( was testing blade :lol: ) only marble caps cut with d2400. And badges i got THANKS to members here :thumbsup:

P

Protilers

Yes it is Gary.....405x405x12mm........and it is as square as a donut!!!!!......and as solid as a feather!!!!!!...hehehehehehehhehheeeee......

but there are 4 bathrooms a large kitchen, and something I have not even been to in the basement!!!!!!......too many stairs!!!!!!.........
installed a floor today and installed another u/floor heating system......not screeded it yet!......so tommorrow is finish screeeding this room in the morning and start wall tiling in room 1.....then cut in a floor in room 2.....and so on!!!!!.....

but the stairs......Gary..........THEY ARE KILLING ME!!!!!!

hhehehehheheheheheheheeeeeeeeee

P

Protilers

Ello'........

still fighting those stair's.......but finding it really hard to persuade shops to give me pound coin's..........I need £33 per day.....IN COINS!!!!!!!!..........the London borough of Kensington and Chelsea has not yet moved over to pay by phone!!!!!!!.....
proberbly some form of tax dodge!!!! hehehehehe............My accountant always goes nuts at me about parking without reciept's!!!!!!!!!!.......hehehheehehehehheehehe

anyway,

fitted an underfloor heating system in room 3 today:

IMG_1215.jpg

IMG_1216.jpg

IMG_1217.jpg

Then I primed the heated area.....because the mats I have (Warm up)......refuse point blank to stick to the insulation board's!!!!!!

IMG_1218.jpg

IMG_1219.jpg

IMG_1220.jpg

and even with the floor primed.....they still wont stick.....so I had to gaffer them also............I only ever have this problem with client supplied materials....the mats I purchase "Stick like s***).......oh well!

IMG_1221.jpg

Its screeded in and ready to tile!!!!! yipee!........

then I went back to room 1.......and the drawing's I had did not work out right (in the room)......they wanted a dado on the top of a boxing and around the perimiter.....no problem for me but the granite tops will have ended up sitting on the dado's........and that will look rubbish..................an hour and a half later we had a solution......and I had cut the bottom course of tiles twice now for "new" set out!!!!!!!............

IMG_1223.jpg

This was the last photo I took of the day........this travertine (and all the most recent travertine I have worked with for that matter!).....is out of square, full of holes in the backs and full of filler on the fronts............CRAP!

but dont worry mister owner of the Monsoon clothing brand......I will give you a silk purse out of a pig's ear!!!!!!........

best wishes

Lee!

Tommorow is another day EH?.....and I have those friggin stair's............doh!

P

Protilers

why don't you travel by train Lee? when i work i City i just drive van first day to drop tools, and then train. Yeh parking in London -crazy :mad2:

I do that sometimes Tony....but only when I am doing the whole job.....and the only people onsite are my people! (I want to remove my tools from site everyday!).........
this guy could get a parking dispensation from the council and get scratch off permits for everybody onsite (over 20).....and they would cost him no more than £5 per permit, per day........but he does not have time to go to the town hall!!!!!!!

lets hope he has time to go to the BANK!!!!!!!! hehhehehhehehheheehehe....

Best wishes

Lee

P

Protilers

Evening All!!!!!!!

Done a little bit more over Chelsea today.......It's going quite well really, there are lots of blokes onsite and we are all having a greak crack!.......the plasterer is a legend.........feally funny bloke!!!!!

anyway......here is how it went:

IMG_1224.jpg

IMG_1225.jpg

IMG_1226.jpg

IMG_1227.jpg

Stone dado rail, mitred corners, cut outs for heated "framed" mirrors........all the stuff that make things a little "harder!"..........

as usual.......tommorrow is another day!!!!!1

hope you all enjoy yours.....

best wishes

Lee.

Reply to Started a job in Chelsea today! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

R
Hi all - first post here :). I need expert advice on how to proceed.... I have hired a...
Replies
Views
ReX83
R
It was his first day today. I found him on mybuilder. He wasn't the cheapest quote and I chose...
Replies
Views
R
First post on this forum and unfortunately its not under good circumstances. We have built...
Replies
Views
Reggiethethird
R
T
Hi, please can you help me on this, I think I have a tradesman done a bad wall tile job on our...
Replies
Views
Tianqiang Situ
T
I received an email last night from a guy local to me , he asked if I could do some tiling in...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.