UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Started a job in Chelsea today! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Protilers

Thats all that matters then!
Just thought i'd say, be a wotsit doing all those mitres twice!

the finished edge is the dado's Bug's.........there is no tiling above......so it is nicer to finish with a slim edge at the top.......but I totally understand what you mean...........
mind you if he asked me to tile it rainbow coloured 4" creamics on top of the dado's.....
I would do that aswell!!!!!!!!!!!...............

hahhahahahahhaahahahaaaaa

Lee.

P

Protilers

Hello All!.........

Finished one of the bathrooms today! yipee......and then went off to install yet another underfloor heating system in another bathroom.......
all I could think about was the heat in the top floor of this house.......its ROASTING UP THERE!..........

I only actually took one photo all day......and this is it..........I dont normally upload high res images so please excuse the watermark!

IMG_1228.jpg

Must have been proud of that corner!......hehehehheehehheheheee

best wishes

Lee.......

P

Protilers

hhahahahahhahahahaaaa.......I have some 4x3 tanalised timber in the back of my van.......and some 18mm ply.........I could pop round to your place DPF.......AND BUILD YOU A STAGE...........bloddy comiedians............hehehehehehehehehehehe

how are you buddy?.......long time no speak n'all.......

Gary...... its coming along....not as fast as I would like (other trades n'all) and trying to make the best of some not so good prep......good materials not so level and plumb application of them!!!!......oh well......its still a nice job, even if it does have more steps than the one to heaven and more heat than the place below the basement!!!!!!!!!

best wishes

Lee........

P

Protilers

I presume you are hard at it Gary?..........Ray was telling me you had a problem with a electrician recently!!!!!!!!.......what a twonk.........I am really sorry that happened......things like that get right up my nose,
we spend all the time making it look fantastic for some idiot to come along and bodge up a final fix and mess up what we have done..........
not good............

I do hope you and the family are well!

best wishes

Lee......

P

Protilers

Evening all......back from work, Tired......the labourer is useless on this job.........they call him "meercat".....mainly because he spends most of his time outside on the front gate looking out for the big boss!!!

anyway........even more cheap trav installed.....and I have a great tip for you........wait for it......

So, I needed to screed a floor the other day and the pipework coming out of the floor is 15mm chrome pipe......(also works with copper!)........
and I did not want to screed the pipes into place forever.....so.........if you get some 22mm polypipe (grey plastic).......and pop a couple of cuts over the 15mm copper/chrome.........
like this:

1-21.jpg

even after you have screeded the floor you can give them a little "wibble" and the will come loose.........and you have maintained an expansion around the 15mm pipes!!!.......
I loosened them up and left them in place while I tiled the floor.......(because I dont want tile adhesive getting in ther either!)......and then after tiling I removed them....Like this:

2-21.jpg

plenty of wiggle room to fix the rad in..............the plumber will be happy!!!!!..........

3-10.jpg

main area of this room tiled on to fit yet another underfloor heating system:

4-8.jpg

5-6.jpg

I covered the doorway with rods......hopefully that will stop anyone trying to walk in there......but I am still a little worried!!!!!

best wishes

Lee.

P

Protilers

great tip with the insulation Lee I will be nicking that one :thumbsup:

Ello' Mate......be my guest on the nicking..........its a simple solution with a positive result........IMO.....and everyone should nick it!!!!!!!! there is nothing worse than not maintaining expansion joints.............

hhehehehheheheheheeeeee

hope you are cool!....best wishes

Lee!

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

Evening all......back from work, Tired......the labourer is useless on this job.........they call him "meercat".....mainly because he spends most of his time outside on the front gate looking out for the big boss!!!

anyway........even more cheap trav installed.....and I have a great tip for you........wait for it......

So, I needed to screed a floor the other day and the pipework coming out of the floor is 15mm chrome pipe......(also works with copper!)........
and I did not want to screed the pipes into place forever.....so.........if you get some 22mm polypipe (grey plastic).......and pop a couple of cuts over the 15mm copper/chrome.........
like this:

View attachment 44783

even after you have screeded the floor you can give them a little "wibble" and the will come loose.........and you have maintained an expansion around the 15mm pipes!!!.......
I loosened them up and left them in place while I tiled the floor.......(because I dont want tile adhesive getting in ther either!)......and then after tiling I removed them....Like this:

View attachment 44784

plenty of wiggle room to fix the rad in..............the plumber will be happy!!!!!..........

View attachment 44785

main area of this room tiled on to fit yet another underfloor heating system:

View attachment 44786

View attachment 44787

I covered the doorway with rods......hopefully that will stop anyone trying to walk in there......but I am still a little worried!!!!!

best wishes

Lee.
always new you were a little wibbler nice job lee wibbler:smilewinkgrin:

P

Protilers

always new you were a little wibbler nice job lee wibbler:smilewinkgrin:

I know you love my....."Wibble, Wobble!".................you have that look about you!!!!! ....... good little tip EH?

I try not to be informative generally (this is what I do for a living after all!).....but little nuggets like this help everyone along.........

see you soon

best wishes

Lee.

P

Protilers

Evenin'.......

those labourers are still doing my head in.......first thing in the morning one of them "borrowed" my broom.........
he was in the room at least 4 times over the next couple of hours.........not a broom in sight.........
so in the end I had to ask....."where is my ........... broom?......."
and the reply was "what one is your broom?".........and I replied the one you bloddy borrowed!.....not to mention it say's PROTILERS on it!!!!!!!

Anyway,

tiling walls today.......... Had to cut the toilet holes out of one tile...........no problem!

IMG_1236.jpg

started to tile another wall and noticed that the shaver point is in the wrong place.......so I moved it up......hence the big hole.....
the plasterboard I cut from the top.........was placed at the bottom, after I had installed a batten behind it......
then I installed more hardibacker to cover the "new" higher set out!

IMG_1238.jpg

With that looking much nicer...............

IMG_1239.jpg

IMG_1241.jpg

IMG_1242.jpg

End of another day!!!!!

Best wishes

Lee.

P

Protilers

Ello' Ello'

Another day in the asylum over and done with!......... finished another bathroom today (all but a couple of cuts!)
the Labourours are still getting on my nerves....today two things of interest happend.....

the first thing was a labourer wanted to "borrow" my marsheltown margin trowel to dig up the ground outside!!!!!!!.......
and then there was a lot of blokes working in the room where my wetsaw was and there was a lot of "waste" being created by all concerened.....
so I asked the foreman to get them to tidy up...........

the labourer threw away all the rubbish and cleaned up nicely......but he also threw away all the cuts I had made for the cupboard floors as well as my sharpening stone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hhhahahahahahahahhahahaaaaaaa.......so glad I am on day rate!!!!!!!!

Anyway, tiled the cupboard floors (extra)....

IMG_1250.jpg

finished the dado's....

IMG_1249.jpg

IMG_1248.jpg

Had to build out the reveal under the window, because the slope protruded beyond the window cill...............

IMG_1245.jpg

and that ment that I do not have enough room to fit the travertine slab over the bath..........so I have removed the hardi and marmox packers and moved to the next bathroom......

tommorrow is another day!!!!!1

best wishes

Lee!

Reply to Started a job in Chelsea today! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

R
Hi all - first post here :). I need expert advice on how to proceed.... I have hired a...
Replies
Views
ReX83
R
It was his first day today. I found him on mybuilder. He wasn't the cheapest quote and I chose...
Replies
Views
R
First post on this forum and unfortunately its not under good circumstances. We have built...
Replies
Views
Reggiethethird
R
T
Hi, please can you help me on this, I think I have a tradesman done a bad wall tile job on our...
Replies
Views
Tianqiang Situ
T
I received an email last night from a guy local to me , he asked if I could do some tiling in...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.