UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Started a job in Chelsea today! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Protilers

Evening all.......

its the end of another day.......and we are getting closer to the bank holiday!!!!!! yipppeeee!!!!!

after adjusting all the boxing (in the picture below) yesterday......today I started to tile it....

IMG_1292.jpg

I carried on using my 15x15mm square notch because the wall is not perfectly level....nor is it flat!!!!!!
and that dont help when the customers want mitred edges etc............Builders EH?

IMG_1293.jpg

IMG_1294.jpg

IMG_1295.jpg

IMG_1296.jpg

IMG_1297.jpg

starting to look like a bathroom!!!!

best wishes

Lee.

P

Protilers

because the architects drawings wanted 3 whole tiles from the floor and then the baden/dado.....but that could not cover the boxings that had been build by the builder and it left horrible cuts all over the place.....
the main one being where the boxing is......so i split it so that there is half tile on the face of the boxing and half tile on the wall behind (making it a whole tile visually).....and then the baden/dado.....

like this one in another room:

IMG_1248.jpg

hope that helps Tony

Best wishes

Lee

P

Protilers

Alright all!!!!...... it's a long weekend!!! (for some!)...........

here is what has gone on Today (and a bit of yesterday!).....

First off I finished a couple of the rooms off...silicone and everything......here is one of them:

1-22.jpg

my proud moment....a mitred corner:

2-22.jpg

3-11.jpg

4-9.jpg

5-7.jpg

and what I am doing at the moment....I had to fix this corner because it did not match with the drawings.....and therefore screwed up the set out......no biggie..........

6-4.jpg

job done.....and then there is this wall......as rough as a mountain face........mmmmmmm..........i will give this one a bit more thought.....

7-3.jpg

after a moments contemplation I decided.....rather than skim with adhesive or replaster I will break out my new 15x15mm square notch..........

8-3.jpg

9-2.jpg

10-1.jpg

job done!!!.......

I am going to Belguim over the weekend but will be back to work on Monday..........

so its sweet and sour for me......

enjoy your weekend!

Lee.

P

Protilers

Evening......

there has been a lot going on today.....its all good stuff.......
I have spoken to Ray about the logistics of the "testing thread"......and things are progressing nicely.......
A big thank you to all concerened......especially Dave@BTC and Lee@TileTown for your efforts and not to mention my partners in crime......Anyway.....

finished another bathroom today:

IMG_1317.jpg

After a good clean and removing all the snot in the grout joins.......I got ready for grouting!!!!!!

IMG_1318.jpg

this one is for Dave Carr........look how sweet that little corner turned out!!!!!

IMG_1319.jpg

IMG_1321.jpg

Tommorrow is another day!!!!!

best wishes

Lee

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Protilers

Evening all.......started the last bathroom today........

1-24.jpg

2-24.jpg

3-13.jpg

Then had to jump off this because all the stone turned up......here is how that went........Top floor bathroom cill:

4-10.jpg

and the bath surround.......now I can fix the last course of tiles in there!!!!!! yipppeee!!

5-8.jpg

and the 3rd floor bathroom is now complete all bar second fix (thats not down to me!!!):

6-5.jpg

end of another day.......

best wishes

Lee

P

Protilers

Evening all.........
more of my nonsense I am afraid........

fist of when I arrived this morning there was a massive problem with the electricity supply..........and this is what that looks like:

IMG_1336.jpg

Basically today was the day the spark's switched over the consumer units.....but did they tell anyone?.......of course they did not!!!!!!!
2 hrs of no power...........

Anyway....
managed to finish the floor in the last bathroom (mixing adhesive by hand!!!!.......)

1-25.jpg

while that was drying I went upstairs and sealed the tiles with a little Universeal rapid all in one!!!!

3-14.jpg

then back downstairs and started wall tiling......

2-25.jpg

Enjoy your weekend!!!

all the best

Lee!

P

Protilers

Ello' All........

I have had a really bad day.........

the first thing that happend was a was getting ready to tile this wall:

IMG_1346.jpg

looks reasonable enough........but it is sooooo out of plumb, square and level.......I tried to rip it all down.......
but the builder had stuck it to exsisting (with a few shreads of batten behind) with PU Glue..........I consider myself quite strong...I was hanging off the boards and could not get them off!!!!!

so I finished off this wall including the mitred corner:

IMG_1349.jpg

IMG_1348.jpg

Inbetween using rapid flex as plaster on the really rough wall.....I called my bank......and they have "lost" a £13,000 payment!!!!!.....Removed LOST!......LOST!!!!.....OMG!

never mind........

for your entertainment here is the last photo I took today:

IMG_1347.jpg

as you can see I have needed to remove the hardibacker on the top of the wall and screw it sooo tight with my in=mpact driver I needed to remove the plasterboard behind......

and when that was done I needed to "float" the hardi with rapid S1 to get it flat...............what a day!!!!!!........I did 4/5m2 all day......what a joke!.......

best wishes

P'd off......

Lee!

P.S Who Floats out Hardi?..........Builders..........bish, bosh, whack...with a level (spirit) that they have owned since 1990......and they only got that one because the other one was "really covered"......honestly!

rant off!

Lee

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Started a job in Chelsea today! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

R
Hi all - first post here :). I need expert advice on how to proceed.... I have hired a...
Replies
Views
ReX83
R
It was his first day today. I found him on mybuilder. He wasn't the cheapest quote and I chose...
Replies
Views
R
First post on this forum and unfortunately its not under good circumstances. We have built...
Replies
Views
Reggiethethird
R
T
Hi, please can you help me on this, I think I have a tradesman done a bad wall tile job on our...
Replies
Views
Tianqiang Situ
T
I received an email last night from a guy local to me , he asked if I could do some tiling in...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.