UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Started a job in Chelsea today! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

The D

I will continue this post to the end........proberbly end of the week and all the stone (for the shelfs and bath surrounds) should be delivered......then I will bore you no more.......

Promise!!!!

Lee
I can only speak for my self but I am not board of your post m8. I don’t reply much to it because you have given so much detail I don’t need to ask you anything. You only have to look at the amount of people that have viewed the thread to see it is all being taken in. there is not much I can say other than it looks a nice job but there is a limit to how much smoke I am willing to blow up your backside :prrr::lol: keep the posts coming m8 we are looking at them.

P

Protilers

I can only speak for my self but I am not board of your post m8. I don’t reply much to it because you have given so much detail I don’t need to ask you anything. You only have to look at the amount of people that have viewed the thread to see it is all being taken in. there is not much I can say other than it looks a nice job but there is a limit to how much smoke I am willing to blow up your backside :prrr::lol: keep the posts coming m8 we are looking at them.

I Really dont want ANYONE to give me credit M8........but a little acknowledgement would be nice.......it seems to me like I am wasting my time on here.....

but thanks Deano...........

P

Protilers

Because of Deano's post.....I will make the effort.....here is the latest:

Evening all.....

this wall has been a real pain.....I have had to float hardibacker....and then..in the last 300mm i have had to "bob" out the hardi with adhesive to get it flat....and I know that you cant stick hardi with adhesive!
so once it was "bobbed in place" I have screwed it also.......

IMG_1350.jpg

while that was drying I tiled this part:

IMG_1351.jpg

Then to stay flat on the "problem wall"...I had to screw hardi to hardi..........Like this.....

IMG_1352.jpg

Sorted!

IMG_1355.jpg

Last thing I did today was this mitred corner.....

IMG_1354.jpg

Best wishes

Lee

C

Concrete guy

Hi, well agree, no need for mitre corners some times( for steps, bath tops, vanity tops etc) but bathroom walls, to me -must be mitred all external corners, it looks so much better. It's only my opinion :thumbsup:

I completely agree if it means you can do away with tile trim, ceramics, porcelain etc. But on a sedimentary or metamorphic stone of any variety the finished edge of the mitre would be so fragile I think you're asking for trouble long term. A polished edge would be harder wearing and far easier to repair of damaged at a later date.

All very personal though as you say.

P

Protilers

I completely agree if it means you can do away with tile trim, ceramics, porcelain etc. But on a sedimentary or metamorphic stone of any variety the finished edge of the mitre would be so fragile I think you're asking for trouble long term. A polished edge would be harder wearing and far easier to repair of damaged at a later date.

All very personal though as you say.

I agree polished edges are "stronger" than mitres......but the trav I have been working with over the last couple of years comes from Turkey and is really weak.....loads of holes..it breaks in your hand...
getting a mitre off without chipping is hard work....polishing is not worth my time or the contractors money IMO.....

Lee

P

Protilers

Evening all....

Met up with a few pals tonight......had a few pints.... maybe one too many.....oh well......nobody got hurt!!! hhehehhehhehehheheeeee......

here is what happened today:

first thing this morn a bit more stone turned up......here it is installed........:

IMG_1357.jpg

then I needed to deal with the PU foam wall......here is how that ended up:

IMG_1358.jpg

IMG_1359.jpg

you can see the problem......where I reboarded the wall I have ended up proud of the architrave.....not to mention the wall is leaning away from plumb.......

I need to adapt and overcome here.........

IMG_1360.jpg

so I cut up some dados and made an edge!

other than that this bathroom is tiled:

IMG_1361.jpg

IMG_1362.jpg

IMG_1363.jpg

IMG_1364.jpg

I still have to do the downstairs toilet....as well as a new job for the same builder..........

more piccy's tommorrow......

Lee

P

Protilers

Evening all.......its the end of another day!!!!!...and nearly the weekend!!!!!!! yipppeeee!

First thing today was grout up and silicone bathroom 4.....

IMG_1366.jpg

IMG_1367.jpg

IMG_1368.jpg

then I moved to bathroom 3 to start to install the cupboards for the vanity tops.......

IMG_1369.jpg

got a bit more stone due to arrive but I am pulling off this job tommorrow to go to another job in Thames Ditton...........Disabled toilet/s....
not really sure as I have never seen the job!!!!!!!

oh well.......

best wishes

Lee

Reply to Started a job in Chelsea today! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

R
Hi all - first post here :). I need expert advice on how to proceed.... I have hired a...
Replies
Views
ReX83
R
It was his first day today. I found him on mybuilder. He wasn't the cheapest quote and I chose...
Replies
Views
R
First post on this forum and unfortunately its not under good circumstances. We have built...
Replies
Views
Reggiethethird
R
T
Hi, please can you help me on this, I think I have a tradesman done a bad wall tile job on our...
Replies
Views
Tianqiang Situ
T
I received an email last night from a guy local to me , he asked if I could do some tiling in...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.