UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Started a job in Chelsea today! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Tony73

TF
Arms
acton w3, london
tommorow i'm doing this patio.jpg
:hurray:

P

Protilers

Finished another day.........

going to enjoy my weekend.......anyway!

IMG_1370-1.jpg

IMG_1371.jpg

IMG_1372-1.jpg

IMG_1375.jpg

Splashback installed in one of the rooms...god knows which one it is now.....its late afterall....and I have just got in!!!!

IMG_1374-1.jpg

IMG_1377-1.jpg

another one done........

threw this vanity in as well.........

IMG_1376-1.jpg

I have to do a disabled toilet in Thames Ditton on monday..........should be fun!!!!!

enjoy your weekend!!!!!!

best wishes

Lee

P

Protilers

Evening all.....this is my post of the week........(had to pull the forum addiction into touch!)......
so for those whom enjoied my daily musings......sorry!......but my wife is more important!!!!!!......hehehehehehehheheeeeeeeeeeeee

anyway!.........

I am working for the same builder (and trying to educate him!!!).........

but on this job I went in blind and said "whatever you need....I can do!".......so I arrived monday morning, dumped my tools and then went shopping for materials......
as usual the prep was "okay" ......but "okay" is not good on all new work!!!!!!!!!! bowed walls n'all........

so in the afternoon (monday) I tiled this......battened up and went home.......

IMG_1379.jpg

Now......because the walls were bowed the tiles were not dead flat against the wall at the top......and there is to be a mosaic datum...DOH!....
so i created a "dog eared float" and primed the wall with adhesive to take up the difference!!!! (wall is bowed and mosaics are thinner than the tiles):

that ends up like this:

IMG_1380.jpg

then I continued fitting tiles:

IMG_1381.jpg

IMG_1383.jpg

and ontop of all that nonsense........that mosaic datum had to be TRIMMED.........the client does not want to see the edge of the glasss!!!!.........OMG......

IMG_1382.jpg

so there you go..............mitred trim ontop of mosaic...on a doddgy wall..........

In my next post I will mention and explain the 6mm ply on the floor!!!!!!!!

cant wait........

nite,nite all............

Lee

P

Protilers

Evening all.......

got to post this quick....promised the wife you see.......but I have an itch that needs scratching!!!!!

this Disabled toilet I am working on has a 6mm ply overlay.......like this:

IMG_1384.jpg

when I refused to tile over it....the site manager went mental........but I have recently noticed he is a bit mental, uneducated and worst of all GINGER!!!!!.......hehehehehehehee...just kidding...

IMG_1385.jpg

so I pulled it all out.....and exposed the floorboards.....SOME OF THEM WERE NOT EVEN FIXED DOWN........AT ALL!.......so I got out my impact and went to work...

IMG_1387.jpg

After fixing them down I put silicone between the floorboards..........

IMG_1388.jpg

then I screeded the floor....avoiding the concrete part........its a disabled toilet......so I need minimum height issues......

IMG_1393.jpg

after checking I needed to screed back to get flat and level...................wonderful......

as I left today it looked like this:

IMG_1389.jpg

IMG_1390.jpg

IMG_1392.jpg

tommorrow is another day!!!!!!

best wishes

Lee.....

OH AND PLEASE GOD REMOVE THE SCRIPT THAT ADDS A LINK TO THIS FORUM IN POSTS......IT IS DOING MY HEAD IN........I HATE IT WITH A PASSION!

P

Protilers

Evening all.....so glad I am on a computer as opposide to my smart phone.....i cant type for s... on a phone!!!!!
anyway.....first thing monday morning (this week).....the plumbers have left me this:

IMG_1411.jpg

they smashed off the corner tile and broke the one behind the toilet (but could not get it off!!!!!!)......
so a fix is needed:

IMG_1412.jpg

tile removed...

IMG_1413.jpg

hardibacker removed....

IMG_1414.jpg

new hardi in......best biut I had lying around!

IMG_1415.jpg

fixed...........whhhhoooooo....I love mondays!!!!!
all the best

Lee

Reply to Started a job in Chelsea today! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

R
Hi all - first post here :). I need expert advice on how to proceed.... I have hired a...
Replies
Views
ReX83
R
It was his first day today. I found him on mybuilder. He wasn't the cheapest quote and I chose...
Replies
Views
R
First post on this forum and unfortunately its not under good circumstances. We have built...
Replies
Views
Reggiethethird
R
T
Hi, please can you help me on this, I think I have a tradesman done a bad wall tile job on our...
Replies
Views
Tianqiang Situ
T
I received an email last night from a guy local to me , he asked if I could do some tiling in...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.