Search the forum,

Discuss THE Quit Smoking Thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I've had one ciggy today, and it was just, and I had to have all of it. Nearly lost my temper over a screw that wouldn't come out of the damn dodgy cutlery draw. Now I feel a bit dizzy like it's my first ever ciggy which I'm assuming is a good thing.

Nipped my parents earlier and my old man has three patches left from when he quit, and he has the inhaler thing with loads of cartridges left so I'm 'smoking' those now.

I can honestly say I feel like this time it's really happening :D I've got ciggies on the shelf and a lighter right there and although I keep thinking about it, I just tend to be able to avoid picking them up.

S

Stewart

Just think Dan, stop taking that one ciggy and you can get a job with me.........well done mate, your on the right track. :hurray::hurray:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The draw probably would have gone through the window if I hadn't have had that one, so I'm seeing it as a cost saving thing :lol: :lol:

Though I'm sure in a few days time I'll be going through the days with no ciggies at all and no broken windows. :D

D

Deleted member 9966

The draw probably would have gone through the window if I hadn't have had that one, so I'm seeing it as a cost saving thing :lol: :lol:

Though I'm sure in a few days time I'll be going through the days with no ciggies at all and no broken windows. :D

that's my trick Dan. if it's not doing as it's told, throw it or kick it.... HARD! and I've been off the **** for 7 years!

M

mikethetile

instead of having a smoke just take a big deep breath , hold it for a few seconds and let it go, far more calming than a smoke, it takes 7 seconds for the nicotine to get from the lungs to the receptors in the brain so its the first draw that relaxes which is the breath not the smoke

Reaction score
I fell off the wagon today, after traveling a mile and half in 1 1/4 hours my head was cooked. So i just had to have 1, smoked 3 in total before feeling disgusted with myself, and thrown em in the bin. Tomorrows another day...

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
instead of having a smoke just take a big deep breath , hold it for a few seconds and let it go, far more calming than a smoke, it takes 7 seconds for the nicotine to get from the lungs to the receptors in the brain so its the first draw that relaxes which is the breath not the smoke

To be fair mate when I used to get stressed I'd have a few cigs in a row and then sit down and mull over my issue, whatever it is.

Though I'll give the holding the breath thing a go, why? Because you've quit and I bloody want to :lol: So I'm listening mate.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I fell off the wagon today, after traveling a mile and half in 1 1/4 hours my head was cooked. So i just had to have 1, smoked 3 in total before feeling disgusted with myself, and thrown em in the bin. Tomorrows another day...

That's alright mate just keep starting again. I'd perhaps keep the cigs too because then you'll just have the odd one whereas if you throw them away and want one you'll end up going to get another 20 and give up giving up. Maybe?

Just keep at it mate. If you're cutting down 50% it's a massive achievement.

U

user123

Hey that's interesting, so it's the 'GASP!!!' we all do...., or the deep breath and sigh thing.... see, we don't need **** to do that!!! quite like that bit of information... party talk, init... :lol:

Reply to THE Quit Smoking Thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen