Search the forum,

Discuss Tile Spacers, leave them in, or take them out, What say you!!! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
i only space on the vertical and horizontal joint , never shove in the cross section , and if they will hang no spaces at all

R

Rookery

I always put them in the horizontal vertical joints, not in the cross, so they're never left in.

Simons70

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I have labourer , to do that ...

We do right now 1000 apartments,metro tiles bathrooms and kitchen. 44 spaces at sqm.Price at sqm,site work.If we need take out the spaces,better clean the tools and leave the site tomorrow morrning.We work in site for 28 years,never see someone to take out the spaces.This is for domestic work,10 sqm in 1 week.

Simons70

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'm sorry Simon.... it's first year I work as a tiler . I am also slow.... usually do 5 sq,m per week.

Sorry,I don't want offend no one Tony,I just try to write my experience.I'm sure your labourer not take out all spaces,or damage more tiles if try to take out some spaces with adhesive around.This is what I learn at my cost.If is not british standard,just use string,realy easy and clean.About 10 sqm at week,I see myself tilers who do 1 bathroom in 6 days,so again,I not want offend no one,is just my opinion.

Reply to Tile Spacers, leave them in, or take them out, What say you!!! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen