Discuss Tile Tracker Batons in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tommy1712

Haven't used battons for years
If you get a decent non slip adhesive and the tiles are light eenough put a line round the room and work down from that.
Heavy tiles....cut bottom row in first.
Takes some getting used to but imo is a quicker way of tiling.

I would love to use bal grip but all the time I am doing bathrooms on price it's topps rapid set flex grey lol

O

Old Mod

It's no more difficult than what u already do! I assume u always put a bottom cut in, or do you only do full tiles?:D
So if u cut to a full tile why can't u cut to a level line, what's the difference?
Strike ur line, insert the cut and adjust with Rubi small wedges or similar! Check for level. Job done!
So the process of using batons and so on is eliminated, so it has to be quicker doesn't it? :)

O

Old Mod

Work out my lay out then baton, cut at the bottom. Yes u make a very vald point, I guess its just the way I was tought and how I have always done it, using the tile tracker is gunna be a change to me lol

I was taught exactly the way u were over 30yrs ago, but if u don't try things your own way or experiment, you're just a carbon copy of your mentor! ......what was relevant to me 30yrs ago certainly isn't now!
U never know u might surprise urself!:D

P

p4ulo

I've got a Tile Tracker Kit which I built from Ebay purchases. Its a bit more fiddly than I was hoping, still quicker than battens, and once you get the hang of it its great, and no more batten-holes through your lovely tanking!
They appear to have modified the screw-stand thingys, the newer ones have an "independent" foot that mean if you screw them up a touch to level, it doesn't all move.
I am annoyed by the "lip" on the aluminium section though, I end up sitting the tiles on 4 thick tile spacers to bring it up to the height of this lip so it doesn't interfere with an un-even wall!
They are actually pretty cool, and clients are impressed by them....!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tile Tracker Batons in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

hello lovely people, I currently use spirit levels with holes drilled in either end to secure...
2 3
Replies
Views
J
Hi all At the risk of starting another Rubis are great/Rubis are terrible discussion I have a...
Replies
Views
S
O
Just completed a project which I found to be quite a challenge. Tiling a downstairs cloak with...
Replies
Views
MTiler
M
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
J
So I've had my 1200 for a while now and it's done 5-600 cuts, mainly travertine, 610 x 405 x...
Replies
Views
Jelthetiler
J

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB