UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Water level goes hi tech in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Cant beat the water level. The old man swore by them. We were working on a highrise hotel, the builders were putting up a datum line for us to use and the old man told them to get out because our water level showed they were way out. About a week later they asked us if they could borrow our water level hose. they used it for the whole job. I like the lasers out these days but if this equipment is about the same price, I would definately go with this . The attraction imo is the 24m radius to access out of line of sight situations. Awesome bit of kit. let us know what you scored it for Jay.:thumbsup:

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

You can't beat a water level, and this hi-tech one looks the dog's. It reminds me of a funny story from years gone bye, ( I know, all my stories are "from years gone bye"). This job always makes me smile,I was running it, and had about a dozen fixers on it.

One day a couple of lads from London came on site (tilers) and asked if they could borrow my old water level, the glass tubes and rubber hose type, well, right from the get go I knew they were a couple of old characters, as the minute they got on the job they were arguing with each other like an old married couple.

I put them in a toilet block, and they set about putting a datum line around the various areas , cubicles etc. Within minutes, they were shouting at each other, the conversation went a bit like this, ( you have to read this in a Del Boy, Cockney accent), Albert " up your end" Peter "down your end" Albert " I got bloody water commin out of my end". I don't think they had used a two man water level before.

Maybe it is one of those stories where you had to be there, but it still makes me laugh. Jay let us know if you get one of these new gizmos, I think they look cool.:thumbsup:

Reply to Water level goes hi tech in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views
Hi, So I’ve decided to tile my mums kitchen for her. Never tiled before so please bare with me...
Replies
Views
D
Where the best place to buy a large Flex water fed polisher is please ! or if anyone has one for...
Replies
Views
Concrete guy
C
T
ok so i have started this thread because of a conversation between me and dan in another thread...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.