Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone Dealing With Topps Tiles?? in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums.com.

D

david campbell

:welcome:to the forum

i used to use topps all the time,i wasn't an approved fitter or anything but they gave my card to potential customers on a regular basis and i sent most of my customers to them and there prices seemed fine(not much different to tile giant).
hadn't had a job of them for a while and asked where my cards where(usually on the counter) and was told some new tilers where coming in moving cards about and generally messing other cards up) so what did they do? they ditched the lot,even though i had been using the place for years and sent many a customer there way they weren't going to give cards out!:incazzato:
well i was scratching there back with nowt in return and could get similar prices in tile giant without being treated like a muppet rather than one of there busiest traders:incazzato:

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I would'nt pay £26 for rapid flex

Nor me, I was asked to be a TAF (Topps approved fixer) got one 4m2 kitchen from them. Not my style:thumbsdown: I hereby relinquish my TAF status:lol: Welcome to the TF.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Now I don't tile as much as you lads and lasses, but with my trade card from topps I get Bal rapid flex for <REMOVED> am I still paying too much?
I have never had bad service from them, I do tend to just get adhesive, grout and tile bead.

Richard, I think they are taking the ****, I had an issue with them when trying to buy some Bal Rapid Flexi and I was wearing my working gear with my company name on (obviously trade), they tried to charge me retail price, I told them where to stick it, then quickly they changed their mind and supplied me the same product (I was told) called Toppfix (kept out the back) for <removed> per bag. I took it, but won't deal with them again. They were unfriendly, surly and unhelpful.:thumbsdown:

S

swindonbathroom

Funny that , previously I was offered tile trim that was "kept out the back". Supposedly same as on the rack but cheaper ???? They took off me the trim I had picked off the rack. What goes on in this mysterious area "out the back" lol ??

F

faithhealer

Funny that , previously I was offered tile trim that was "kept out the back". Supposedly same as on the rack but cheaper ???? They took off me the trim I had picked off the rack. What goes on in this mysterious area "out the back" lol ??
nothing wrong with the trade trim. save a fortune on the 'chrome'.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
nothing wrong with the trade trim. save a fortune on the 'chrome'.
"trade trim" is from a different supplier, and is very slightly different (only spotted by the keen-eyed tiler). Though it is wrong how much they charge retail for normal trim. When I worked for them, normal 6 and 9mm was 5.99 per 2.4m length retail. Only when a customer bought trim from homebase over the very small, road (basically on the same land) would we be able to match the 4.99 (still expensive IMO) for white and cream trim.

The 1.99 trade trim that did just the same job, you just couldn't mix the trim on the same job, was no worse or better.

Don't quote prices, but I bet it's cheaper still these days this "hidden out the back trade trim".

Reply to Anyone Dealing With Topps Tiles?? in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen