Discuss Customers, if you see your 'tiler' blobbing... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

If you see the 'tiler' blobbing adhesive down without a trowel stop them fixing at once! Not only is the remedial work a pain in the Harris but its just going to cost you in the long run!

Here is a job I'm taking up at the moment. All the tiles were salvaged, with at most 1% coverage stuck to the back.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 186

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
The adhesive is more than an inch thick, adhesive used was weber SPF and the floor hadn't my come up due to failure on the adhesives part, but due to horrendous lippage.

Surely that's out of the constraints of the adhesive then?

I've seen the other post with the some 90sqm of quartz all dab fixed as well. I do not understand whay people do it that way. I would say if anything it takes longer doesn't it?? Trying to pivot a tile on a blob of muck! It only take 2 or 3 seconds to rake through with a notched trowel.

C

charlie1

It was yes Ali, I have another two bathroom floors, same tiles, same fixing method that need sorted too. If anyone hears of a tiler called Fabio from Italy, shoe him and his bucket trowel up the Harris

know exactly where you are coming from! A blobber will only carry 1 notched trowel for floors, everything else can be done with the bucket trowel. The other tell tale sign of a blober is they work remarkably clean, Prob one of the reasons they work this way!! This thread should be highlighted Imo ...good thread!

E

Eduardo

know exactly where you are coming from! A blobber will only carry 1 notched trowel for floors, everything else can be done with the bucket trowel. The other tell tale sign of a blober is they work remarkably clean, Prob one of the reasons they work this way!! This thread should be highlighted Imo ...good thread!
I think it's not because the result is clean,This system is used by those who are afraid that the next tile is no longer to fit down.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Customers, if you see your 'tiler' blobbing... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

W
I’m thinking about compiling a list/checklist for prospective customers to ask their Tilers...
Replies
Views
Spare Tool
S
Hey guys, I normally post over in diynot for general DIY but wrt tiling over timber I need some...
Replies
Views
Just Rizzle
J
Hi Guys & Girls Iv been tiling for just over two years now. Needed a career change after years...
Replies
Views
dbstiling
D
O
    • Informative
    • Useful
So Gary and I have come down to Hastings to inspect a large Porcel-thin floor that is failing...
2 3 4 5 6 7
Replies
Views
W
Hi all! Hope everyone's having a good 2016 so far. Just a quick post to tell you about the...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB