Discuss Does anyone else find this annoying in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

area tiling

TF
Arms
n.ireland
Now I only live in a small town with about 40000 persons , kind of place where everyone knows everyone and news travels fast , so my rant is this I support shops in my local area regularly and give them a fair pound or two , this year alone I've noticed to chip shops which I support fully retiled , but today icing on the cake local chemist , getting retiled large floor over 100 m2 . And all being done by strangers who don't even live within 50 miles of the area! It would be nice to been given a chance on said jobs , to make up a quote .
I blame local
Councils for not promoting local tradesmen!
Any views ? Am finding it hard to support these people now !

area tiling

TF
Arms
n.ireland
These are all family run business , and I know that these people just prob leave it up to the contractors to sort out all trades because the can't be bothered with the hassle, but come on if your in speaking terms with shop retailers surely a mention that their getting work done , give me a qoute ! Ah we'll that's how things r these days, just have to get on with it!

mz30

TF
Arms
liverpool
The days of who you know are now in the hands of the bureaucrats! So it'd now who they know:thumbsdown:
Greggs the bakers - I did work for them in their own home, yet I wasn't offered any of their latest refits and that was after buying their pasties for the last 40 years.

I have done a couple of greggs in the past few months,but they don't have any tiling inside now just the entrance way,done one in chester a few weeks back took me 2 hrs ,but I got a parking ticket which cost me £35 quid wasn't worth the hassle.

R

Rookery

My local bunch of overpaid, over-rated, under-worked, under-achieving council officials thinks its good practice to give a tiling & re-furbishing job to a contracting firm from 30 odd miles away. None of the local trades got a chance to quote and I bet none of us would have charged 50% of what they paid. It wouldnt surprise me if someone was on a back hander.
Needless to say, the standard of tiling was shocking.

I work all over the country and I've worked hard to get the contacts that give me these jobs! I regularly see vans from other towns round here but can't complain as they're just doing the same as me

I have worked all over the country and cant say I have paid attention to the other tradesmens origin ..

peteablard

TF
Arms
Cheshire
I have worked all over the country and cant say I have paid attention to the other tradesmens origin ..

As an example there's a new supermarket being built near where I live and all the vans on site have contact numbers from other towns/cities. Like a lot of guys on here I travel to wherever the work is and work on commercial projects nationwide. If someone else lands a job in my area then good for them, like me they've probably worked hard to get that contact/contract and deserve the job whatever part of the country it's in

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Does anyone else find this annoying in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

D
yet again i come across a job done by a short course muppet... not only that he still under cuts...
Replies
Views
Peter
P
S
hi ive just found this site trawling internet for advice re a tiling job im having done at the...
Replies
Views
G
Ok so you may not enjoy shopping but where is it you would prefer to have to spend a day...
Replies
Views
S
Hi all i am looking for a tiler to lay 32m2 calibrated Brazilian slate tiles in leamington spa...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 9966
D
> ESSEX HURRICANE APPEAL !!! > > A hurricane (Hurricane Shazza) and earthquake measuring 5.8 on...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB