UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss M2 per day in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

Fred

I'm doing a floor,75m2, four rooms, two large 33 m2 , the other two utility and loo. I started yesterday, priming the floor took four hrs to dry, started to lay and continued today, so far I have done 33 m2. 600 x 600 polished porcelian. the screened floor is ok but some dips.

any way, the builder dropped some little remarks today, I think you may have heard them, your slow, how long.....two weeks? it really got to me, but the bloke himself I take is under pressure as the kitchen needs to be fitted Monday ? just letting off steam!

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
I never give too much thought about it tbh Fred, I do what I do in a day and I don't need Horlicks at night :thumbsup:

I agree Doug. If you're doing cuts around windows and into reveals how on earth can you fix as many metres as on a floor with no cuts. I generally try to set myself a target where i need to be by the end of the day. If I have to work a bit longer so be it. If I reach my target before I finish, I work till about 5.30'ish and I'm in front for the next day.

M

MTiler

I agree Doug. If you're doing cuts around windows and into reveals how on earth can you fix as many metres as on a floor with no cuts. I generally try to set myself a target where i need to be by the end of the day. If I have to work a bit longer so be it. If I reach my target before I finish, I work till about 5.30'ish and I'm in front for the next day.

I do the same John, it works a treat.

G

Gazebo

No exact science to laying m2. On Thursday I had laid a 15m kitchen floor in an hour and a half because the screed was good, then on Friday it took a good bit longer to do a 9m large format hall.

How long would the 33 metre floor take most forum members? There's the old saying round here that there's no work in an Englishman. :lol:

It's funny as we have the odd saying or 2 about you guys......

D

DHTiling

No exact science to laying m2. On Thursday I had laid a 15m kitchen floor in an hour and a half because the screed was good, then on Friday it took a good bit longer to do a 9m large format hall.

How long would the 33 metre floor take most forum members? There's the old saying round here that there's no work in an Englishman. :lol:

Bing bang bosh where's my dosh.

I have a saying for peeps like you.

Reply to M2 per day in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Just wondering how you all price for a job such as a small step or 4m square floor that will...
Replies
Views
Diamond Pool Finishers
D
P
Went to look at a job yesterday. Fella on the phone said that he had tilers there doing a bit of...
Replies
Views
P
Been to Chelsea today to start this Big job......Four bathrooms and a kitchen..plus a small...
Replies
Views
D
Well back home now ! just got started in north london then got the call to go over to Cobham...
Replies
Views
Diamond Pool Finishers
D
C
Hi one and all Made a bit of a school boy error and jumped into tiling my conservatory floor...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.