UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Make your own Oak door bar/ transition strips in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

If you dont have the router handy then shape the edges with a block plane and sand to a smooth consistent finnish.

If you need a rebate on the underside to overlap tile;

Set a table saw to the depth of the rebate required

Set the fence guide to 2mm and pass the underside of the timber over the table saw

Set the fence to 4mm and pass over again

Repat this until you achieve the desired overlap on the rebate!

Upload some pics mate when you get done!

This would require the safety guard and kerf blade removing though and we could not condone such an act !

T

tfs

I've finished jobs til after new year, so went to local timber yard this morning bought some 20x120 and went to garage to have a practice but couldn't find router anywhere, managed to cut 1 peice into two strips. Just found out bruv came around at w/e and borrowed the router should get it back tomoz so should have some made by w/e. could't find a source for "patina" on the interweb, where do you get it from?

Did you get round to making the door bar then matey? any pics?

R

Rob Z

Hi TFS, good thread, and it's nice to see another forum poster doing carpentry work. I usually make thresholds on the table saw. I set the blade to the appropriate angle and run the threshold though with the bottom of the piece against the fence. I then clean up any saw blade marks with the jointer. Most of our floors are set over mud (render), so we need custom thresholds for all floor jobs. It's nice to do the work in-house and then it justifies buying more tools.:smilewinkgrin:

R

Rob Z

I think I posted this before. We use the Festool saw more and more and the table saw less and less. I was able to take this huge hunk of oak and turn it into a beautiful threshold. I couldn't have run it through the table saw because it was too warped and quite unwieldy. My next plans are to take about two weeks off from work and build a proper shop. Like you and Sir Ramic, I was a big fan of Norm and The NYW.

Attachments

• IMG_1673 (Large).JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1675 (Large).JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1674 (Large).JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 44

Reply to Make your own Oak door bar/ transition strips in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A
Following on from Bri's thread, 'awkward cuts' I thought it would be good to see what various...
Replies
Views
Spare Tool
S
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
A kind plumber has created a thread (that he's still working on right now) explaining the do's...
Replies
Views
R
Some background first, then my question.... The designer's plans for this bathroom called for a...
Replies
Views
MTiler
M
S
Replies
Views
ScottG13
S

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.