Discuss Messiest trade - who do you think? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Peter

Brushed this out of a bathroom today. Spark and plumber. uploadfromtaptalk1397056238962.jpg

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
What even in upstairs bathroom, yes ok I accept the reason being damp onto a solid floor but not if its wooden as some plasterers still dont go down to the floor maybe its just habit but it does bug me

I suppose its just something thats just been done.
We did it in the 80s , especially with limemotar or browning/bonding it would suck any water right up the wall if we plastered down to the floor

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
Spreads ... Not a shadow of a doubt

I used to hate cleaning up when I was a apprentice , none of this caber boards ,Nicely screwed down and using a floor scraper,it was bloody floorboards,curled from damp ,nail heads everywhere( not screws like now) and a bent shovel to scrape,took ages to get the drops up,and browning was the worst,it stuck everywhere ,and mixing 30/40 bags a day you can imagine how much mess there was :(

Doozy

TF
In order;

1 - Sparks, or as they are affectionately known, the men without brushes. Never seen a dust pan and couldn't find a bin bag if their lives depended on it.

2 - Plumbers, or as they are affectionately known, the men without brains. Gas safe, check. All the gear, check. Nice van, check. Common-sense, what?

3 - Plasterers, or as they are affectionately known, the men without dust sheets. Nuff said

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Messiest trade - who do you think? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Am I a ****? Bumped into a builder in my local and he sees I do tiling so asks me to...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all Hoping for some opinions on how to handle an ongoing issue in having with my tiler He...
Replies
Views
D
Hello to all those in the know. I'm baffled by what to do and how to do it, or get it done...
Replies
Views
D
How do I drill a hole in a steel bath. Or cast iron bath. Instructions on drilling into baths...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
S
Hi all, I haven't been on here in ages ..apologies for that.....time goes so fast. But I hope...
Replies
Views
p4ulo
P

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB