Discuss Saying Hi from Sweden - customer, not tiler, needing advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

Lel

Hello all
I am a Brit in Sweden having a house built. Am really fed up getting some Swedish standard finishes which are different from British norms. Grout is my issue. They just choose grey so that it doesnt show any discolouring. from what i can gather reading on the net, discolouring can be prevented by using sealers correctly.
Will post a question in another part of the forums.

Bye
Lesley

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Hey Lel and welcome to the forum. :)

sWe is in the UK now would you believe, or he was last time I spoke to him online.

Generally most of our grouts over here are guaranteed to not discolour, they still do but if you follow the right guidelines you should prevent it for a good few years and then general cleaning should keep on top of it for years after that.

A cap full of bleach in an old spray bottle, then fill it up with water, and after you've had a shower spray the walls and don't wipe them all down (nice and quick) and then just your general regular cleaning where you would wipe them all down. I got this tip from a customer who I was ripping out 12 year old tiles and they looked like they were tiled last week. There was litterally not a single problem. Took hours to get the tiles off and it felt like I was wrecking a nice job. She simply wanted different style tiles and I bet you £50 they still look like I've just fitted them to this day. That was about 8 years ago now.

Reply to Saying Hi from Sweden - customer, not tiler, needing advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Okay so I'm not going to link to or mention any specific threads going on but we see this quite...
Replies
Views
lawrenso
L
T
Hi, new to the forum but seeking your professional advice please. My tiler has messed up the...
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Replies
Views
C
Hi, I'm a building contractor based in South East London. A bathroom that we recently...
Replies
Views
U
Hi there, I have read a lot about tiling on new screed and I'm still confused. Before I start...
Replies
Views
M
Hello. I joined this site a few months ago whilst looking for some info on a tiling course but...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Saying Hi from Sweden - customer, not tiler, needing advice
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.