Guest viewing is limited

Discuss tilers mistakes in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bradburytiling

so...
i was in a rush last friday to get home and then go down the pub, tools and materials in the van as quickly as possible, off home like a bat out of hell, so come sat when i go to work go to open my van and :mad2:

32e50aea.jpg

a whole tub of green star awaits me!!!!

o well stuff happens...i'll save it for when i have to level out a rough window cill or something simliar.

The other mistake which i make at least 3times a week is kicking over my tub of spacers...damn that narks me off!!!

What other mistakes do you all commonly make?

Last edited by a moderator:

chris.tiling

TF
Arms
Poole
oh the pot of spacers is a regular one - it is usually full and 2mm pegs get everywhere! Have also cut the good second attempt, thinking it was the first poor attempt one.
Another one recently was making a difficult cut (all angles / curves etc) then fitting it perfectly only to reaslise the pattern wasthe wrong way

Last edited:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
not as harsh as above but i would bin it as it's not suitable for levelling anything out unless you have a week to grout it!:thumbsup:

did leave a level on top of the van once while i was talking to someone in the street one day and it was still there when i got home:oops:

What you can do is use broken tiles to pack out with adhesive. So sort of double or triple tiling using some old thin 6x6 whites etc.

But I'm sure you knew that. Suck eggs and all tha'. :D

I throw the plaster board edge beads in the van and normally no problem but i have now thrown them in three times hit my racking so they stop my hand doesnt hey presto blood pouring

also i am a bit of a short arse or as sir ramic might call me a midget ( but most people are to him ) so im not used to ducking through doorways etc

i hit and have knocked myself out twice now over a six years period on the hook that holds my backdoor on my transit i really hurts but my head does not remember it so i keep doing it about twice a week on a good week more on a bad week

Reply to tilers mistakes in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all, relatively new to tiling but I’m giving it a good go! I’m having major probs with my...
Replies
Views
Andrew Smith
A
We stopped the tilersforums.com Job Of The Month Competition a while back because it was quite a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Okay so I'm going to start the ball rolling. I'd like the forum to be handy for all, including...
Replies
Views
T
Hi, new to the forum but seeking your professional advice please. My tiler has messed up the...
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
tilers mistakes
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.