Guest viewing is limited

Discuss tilers mistakes in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

CDS

I now keep tile spacers in a bag with a clip on it - Got so hacked off spending half the day picking spacers off the floor.

Lost count of the number of times I've tried to smoke a pencil and mark plasterboard with a ciggie!

Funniest thing I saw was a sparks who used my steps to connect a ceiling rose and put his foot into a full bucket of spf when he came down - I was doubled up laughing and holding onto my mate for support.....what made it even funnier was that we'd only just commented on his shiney new trainers!!:lol:

R

Rob Z

Making a mix using my hose pipe that was fully unwound in the hot sun, it was set rock hard in 2 minutes. :oops:

Always run the water to cold if using a hosepipe. :cool3:

Dom, I can relate. Back when I was still a green bean we were setting a foyer with rapid set. THe lady of the house was pregnant and needed to get out of the house at any time to go the the hospital.

My helper and I mixed the rapid set with hose water on the side of the house where the sun was, in July I think it was, and got maybe two tiles set before the stuff set up in the bucket. Wasted an entire bag of material! :mad2:

D

diamondtiling

I cut this tile twice, the first one broke after the lady of the house stepped on it.

:mad2:

diamondtiling-albums-travertine-floor-over-ufh-picture6880-i-had-no-intention-dropping-tile.jpg

Ps I dont look like that...........normally.

M

mikebidd

I havent got any tiling ones except for the spacers one.

But (and you can disregard this is wanted)
I was once stripping a subaru and laid underneath it undoing the subframe in order to drop the engine gearbox and everything else in a oner. I wasnt really concentrating and was laid to the side off the car one hand turning the wrench and the other pushing the ratchet up. The bolt let go and it was the last one. So the whole lot pinned my right hand too the ground i screemed like ned flanders as i couldnt get it off. My mate then came running in and tried too lift the wiegh off but lifted the wrong side and put all the wieght onto my fingers which then made a "crunch" noise.

I had SNAP ON in printed too my fingers for weeks.

The worse but was my mate saying can you stop swearing at me because its making me laght and i cant lift when im laughing,

Another time i was swinging off a scaffie tube which was on a wrench when the wrench "snapped" and i woke up 10 mins later with blood pouring out off my forehead where id lamped my self in the head . lol

Again not tiling so sorry:ban:

Reply to tilers mistakes in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all, relatively new to tiling but I’m giving it a good go! I’m having major probs with my...
Replies
Views
Andrew Smith
A
We stopped the tilersforums.com Job Of The Month Competition a while back because it was quite a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Okay so I'm going to start the ball rolling. I'd like the forum to be handy for all, including...
Replies
Views
T
Hi, new to the forum but seeking your professional advice please. My tiler has messed up the...
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
tilers mistakes
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.