Discuss Tools: ANY excuse to take a day off and have a look at a few tools. SNOW? 365Drills in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 1779

So here we are at Sandown Race Course in December 2010 and its snowing heavily all day. As Exhibitors at the latest TOOL-FAIR show we have got out of bed a little bit early, sat in traffic for twice the normal time. Been shouted at by security on the parking lot because they cant handle a bit of snow.

We unpack the cars and trucks with the tools that we think nobody will turn up to look at because of the terrible snow and weather. Here comes 10am and open the doors.

Is the lobby empty? Has everyone stayed at home?

I am standing there with the other exhibitors in a chilly hall that is slowly warming. And then I dont know what happened from 10am to 4pm.

Because the RUSH of crowds from the moment of 10am to the end of the day. These boys couldnt stop spending. The isles were rammed and I have never seen so many tradesmen who had decided to take a day off from their jobs. A snow day. And come inside for a free bacon roll and to spend hard earned cash on tools.

Day one (of two) and Toolfair in Surrey has been rather busy to say the least. Will it hold out - Will day two be a repeat of day one. Or have all the serious trades people been and gone.

Hooray for snow !

Reply to Tools: ANY excuse to take a day off and have a look at a few tools. SNOW? 365Drills in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

C
hi all, i posted this thread in the arms as i didnt want the general public to hear my rant or...
2 3 4 5 6
Replies
Views
Marksmithtiling
M
D
Yup its TOOLFAIR time again. OK so the event is not specific to Tiling but you will find a...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
D
Many thanks to the 5 people who showed up to say hello over the two days of ToolFair Harrogate...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
J
IF YOUVE HAD A BAD CLIENT RECENTLY READ ABOUT THIS ONE . MAY MAKEYOU FEEL BETTER THEJOB FROM...
Replies
Views
The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP
T
4,858 of 4,965 people found the following review helpful 5.0 out of 5 stars Oh the shame...., 3...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Tools: ANY excuse to take a day off and have a look at a few tools. SNOW? 365Drills
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.