Guest viewing is limited

Recommended Tile Suppliers

We recommend a couple of tile suppliers, Topps Tiles and Tile Giant.

They supply good adhesive brands and provide trade discounts for genuine tilers.

Discuss Topps Tiles -Love it or hate it? in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com.

T

TilersTilingTiles

Recently priced a job in a loft conversion. One bathroom and one ensuit shower room About 50m2 total with porceline floor tiles and ceramic wall tiles. The client asked me to provide a labour only quote and a seperate quote detailing the materials needed and how much I could supply it all for. Apparently topps tiles is doing a discount on materials if you buy your tiles through them too. Anyway it turned out that I could get the materials for just under half of what topps quoted even with the discount.

Topps tiles used to be our main supplier when i was an apprentice and when they used to have their own brands of adhesive were very reasonably priced.

Now some of my clients are paying £50 a bag for Bal rapid set flexi. How do they justify that!

Topps Tiles -Love it or hate it? for more...

Tile Forums @ tilerstilingtiles.co.uk

M

malcolml

used to work at topps found sat training a bore sometimes but overall their training is good but it depends on the person learning and how far they want to go in this trade!! i am now with c t d and find it a better place to work still miss some of the people i know at topps but such is life anyway topps are expensive on adhesives from bal but can be reasonable on own brand but not as cheap as here!!! PLUS FREE HOT DRINKS HERE (BONUS)

P

Perry

used to work at topps found sat training a bore sometimes but overall their training is good but it depends on the person learning and how far they want to go in this trade!! i am now with c t d and find it a better place to work still miss some of the people i know at topps but such is life anyway topps are expensive on adhesives from bal but can be reasonable on own brand but not as cheap as here!!! PLUS FREE HOT DRINKS HERE (BONUS)
Do you charge more than SRP ? i wouldent think so even to retail well you never used to when i used you :pete

B

bonnietiler

Now, when Ted Derbyshire, ran and owned it, back in the good old days, I used to sell him tiles, he managed to purloin a Direct account from Johnsons arouns the same time that Texas Homecare got one, he was a decent bloke and ran a fine company. He sold it to a couple of lads from London who had "American" ideas of how to maximise profit.
Good chap Ted was, he dressed like Arkright from Open All Hours.
BonnieT

M

Mad Hatter

I find that the a topps near me isnt very good, and the staff arent too friendly, contrast this with the nearest CTD to me, which is about half an hours drive, where the staff are very friendly, always happy to help out and have a good chat.

Im more that happy to drive for half and hour (each way) to go to the CTD where i feel welcome as apose to the topps where i dont.

Ditto, the lads at the Manchester branch are spot on. First impressions go a long way and I've not been back to Topps since.

M

mart08

My local topps is less than 5 minutes down the road and i pop in most mornings for a brew and quick chat. The team there are spot on. I'm on their books as a fixer and along with them recommending me to customers i get about 80% of my work from them. Only been tiling for about 6 months but only had 3 days off so far!! Theres not much in it price wise with CTD but they are bit to far away from me.

As others have said both Topps and CTD depends on the Staff

CTD just open in Inverness with the topps manager now there
so we get the best of both worlds.
icon14.gif

All the best from the west :santa_cheesy:

T

theyomper

My local Topps is excellent not only for me but from the comments I receive from the customer...they can't fault the service. I am their number 1 TAF and i get first call on all their tiling,laminate and wood flooring work. Even if I get jobs from private customers who get their tiles from other local independants I will still buy all my addy etc from Topps. The old adage... 'You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours'.....I get fed up with people slagging them off...........Yes they are expensive on Bal products but you can swing this to your advantage if needs be.........on another point...where else can you return an individual tile and get a refund rather than a whole unopened box !

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Topps Tiles -Love it or hate it? in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Replies
Views
  • Question
Well troops my move to Woodford Green, Essex was successful (for those of who remember). I got...
Replies
Views
This is especially for "customers" -anyone who wants to buy or choose their own tiles (whether...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q

Tile Buying Popular Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Topps Tiles -Love it or hate it?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes
Start date
Last reply date
Replies
Unsolved
--

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond