Guest viewing is limited

Recommended Tile Suppliers

We recommend a couple of tile suppliers, Topps Tiles and Tile Giant.

They supply good adhesive brands and provide trade discounts for genuine tilers.

Discuss Topps Tiles -Love it or hate it? in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com.

T

TilersTilingTiles

Recently priced a job in a loft conversion. One bathroom and one ensuit shower room About 50m2 total with porceline floor tiles and ceramic wall tiles. The client asked me to provide a labour only quote and a seperate quote detailing the materials needed and how much I could supply it all for. Apparently topps tiles is doing a discount on materials if you buy your tiles through them too. Anyway it turned out that I could get the materials for just under half of what topps quoted even with the discount.

Topps tiles used to be our main supplier when i was an apprentice and when they used to have their own brands of adhesive were very reasonably priced.

Now some of my clients are paying £50 a bag for Bal rapid set flexi. How do they justify that!

Topps Tiles -Love it or hate it? for more...

Tile Forums @ tilerstilingtiles.co.uk

D

DHTiling

Well dave if thats right thats great,but i sat at the desk at swedecor a couple of days ago and said what i get from topps and all i get at CTD (swedecor is 30%) which has been put up from 20% and thats as good as it gets for NOW,which is no where near topps price to me,they`ve got WP1 kit on offer at the moment and its still more than topps price to me,i even brought this situation up with an ex member and even he was shocked i get it cheaper at topps,but as i say if your right then thats great i`ll go in and have a word.

If CTD want your business and you can show them an actual like for like price then i was told they will price match.....but if you already get a good deal from topps then no worries.....but they can't sell BAL for the price that CTD sell mapei for, and Mapei have some great adhesives...

B

BDS

Yeah your right dave mapei are great i have all mapei`s product literature etc etc etc ,cos i used to use them before BAL,infact topps dropped me in the doo doo a few months ago regarding not getting me 11 bags of multibase when i ordered it so thought F/U and went to another store and used mapei`s slc (never used this slc before) and it was awsome stuff,and as i`ve said in other posts if i didn`t use BAL,mapei would be my next choice again,infact just opened another trade acount with another tile shop,and they stock mapei and have given me a really really good price on any mapei products they stock or will get me any they dont.If swedecor (CTD) WOULD price match that would be great for me cos for me to get to swedecor is approx 15min journey (no traffic),from them to topps is an extra 20min journey thro town traffic which when its busy is more and a nightmare,and i even told said contact at swedecor of how much i`m spending on materials on an average job (i only do domestic ie;kitchens/bathrooms/showers etc etc etc)and then what my customer spends as well,and i said i`d even take all my reciepts to prove the price i`m paying,but still he said 30% but did say they`d take a look once i`ve used them more but for that period of time i`d loose quite a bit of money,which me being a tight sod is not good,,,lol:santa_cheesy:

T

tile55

I notice on this thread there are no posters from the South (whats up with that).
Anyway I think that we are spoilt for choice down here as we have many different tile shops with-in a few miles of each other.
The Topps in West London are not too good with customer service, the materials are over priced and to get trade pricing they want you too jump through hoops. When you do get the trade price, you can still get a better deal if you go to another tile shop.
My main supplier is Eurotiles, followed by London tile company and Tile Depot.
With-in a 10 mile radius there are so many shops all competing with each other, large companies and independents, I have a local CTD, but only use them if I am on a job in that particular area and need something which I haven't brought with me to get the job done.
I get my SPF Mapei for £17.50 Supergrip I get for £8 I can get Profix for £12.40 and tubbed gear for £5 if I don't want to use the Supergrip.

All in all - you can't beat the south.....................:santa_cheesy:

Last edited by a moderator:

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
I like my local Topps (no CTD round here to compare though).
Opened an account instantly, given my trade card there and then.
They seem very clued up and they will price match everything they sell in store - to beat any trade prices I can get elsewhere. So Topps is cheapest for me.

D

DaveCSC

To be honest the first impressions I had of our local store was that it was poor. I have since popped in a few times and spoken to the manager about what they offer trades people and was very impressed with their prices. They will beat any price by 5%. Before the Christmas break I gave them a list of products and prices that I wanted them to beat and I will be collecting this next week, so I will let you know what they are offering.
Dave

Reply to Topps Tiles -Love it or hate it? in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Replies
Views
  • Question
Well troops my move to Woodford Green, Essex was successful (for those of who remember). I got...
Replies
Views
This is especially for "customers" -anyone who wants to buy or choose their own tiles (whether...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q

Tile Buying Popular Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Topps Tiles -Love it or hate it?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes
Start date
Last reply date
Replies
Unsolved
--

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond