Discuss web page/internet in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
ok, that sounds like an excellent offer. not sure how to register a domain name though, i'm sure i can figure that out though. maybe it'd be better to continue with this using pms'? i'm definitely interested, and would like to go ahead, just may need a little help with a few pointers on the procedure. also, i haven't heard of wordpress. is that on linux or something?

Sure, continue via PM but for the sake of others wondering how to register a domain, use Domain registration - Domain registration company UK - UKreg or ww.123reg.co.uk or somebody similar (I avoid 1&1 despite their low cost price, their service and terms can often be laughable). Register the domain name you want. And you want .co.uk AND .com at least, and don't worry about what to do next. Your web host will tell you how to point that domain to the hosting space with your website on it when you get one.

merit

TF
thanks for the detailed reply
ive been quoted stupid money as you say ,
but ive got hold of someone who seems reasonable when i read the prices some want to charge
£350 for a customized site,£50 for the domain with my controll ect,local as well so easily contacted
been on david howe website and it looks very professional,as stated people are more prone to look for tilers
on line ,and if your not on there ,so youve got buy a ticket if you want to win the raffle
thanks again

J

johnryan

it's certainly been an eye opener for me as far as a website is concerned. i've done a a few googles for tilers in durham, and david howe comes in most of the first pages hits. i have a free site atm, and even if i put my name along with tiler etc, i don't even get to page 10. i haven't bothered looking any further, as i know most people will only go the first page. going to be changing now to a paid site for sure.

Reply to web page/internet in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

ive had a web site up and running for over a year now with the intention just to show clients as...
Replies
Views
Peter
P
S
hi ive just found this site trawling internet for advice re a tiling job im having done at the...
Replies
Views
D
Got me thinking the other day whether its worth having all these modern methods of communication...
Replies
Views
D
Below are the links to 37 small 20 second videos of every single special size that we produce...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
I often take note of who our members are using to build their websites with and I'm noticing...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
web page/internet
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.