UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss would you do it ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

builder owes me best part of 5k and has lied to me 2 weeks running about paying me, phoned me today desperate for me to clean a limestone floor tomorrow morning as his partner has it in this weeks valuation and if its not done none of the valuation will be paid ,I have been told for the past 2 weeks that I would be paid the following friday/Monday then was ignored until did a site visit yesterday, i need my money as it has tied up a large chunk of my cashflow what would you do ?

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
If you've done the work and he's happy with it, which clearly he is otherwise he would have said so, then he owes you. You need full payment before starting the floor. What happens if you go and clean this floor, he then owes for that as well. That's not going to help your cash flow. Payment by BACS, see it in your account and then do the floor, and not until.

P

Pebbs

I know we discussed this earlier Gary, but I just noticed something, you said he'd put it in this weeks application, well that says it all really doesn't it? You never put anything on an application in advance of the works. He is clearly taking the **** on both sides with the client and with his subbies. I never like to upset a client (um thats a bit of a lie, but you know what I mean). I can see what will happen, you will be on broken promises, knocked applications and then right at the end of the contract BOOM....here we go another St Johns Wood stitch up. They turn round to you and tell you they have been knocked and so they will try and knock you. If you go and do that floor, its because your being made to feel bad, and they get your sympathy, because your a good bloke. That will all go out the window, when you are fighting at CHRISTMAS time to get another payment. Have a word with yourself, tell him to stuff his floors, get your money and then you will consider it.

Another case of another **** taker, doesn't matter how nice they are as a person, they won't be putting food on your table unless you put your foot down now.

Sorry to be blunt...but I am and its this business that's made me like this.

Lynn

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to would you do it ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

We had our loft bathroom done a month ago and are having issues with the tiler (recommended on a...
Replies
Views
Vinny Kehoe
V
I was quoted over £4700 (inclusive of VAT) to rip out and replace my bathroom. This does not...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all Hoping for some opinions on how to handle an ongoing issue in having with my tiler He...
Replies
Views
What the customer said: Sean: You do not have enough tiles to complete the job. Cust: Thank God...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
bcd-87
B
Hey guys, really struggling to find worktops for my kitchen that I like and can afford...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.