Discuss A bad day with the bank in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

paul damian

wife rings me at work, which she never does unless there is an emergency, paul have you been withdrawing money from the bank "not checkin on you but a lot of money has gone missing from the account" she says. long and short of it someone has hacked into our account 700 quid gone, Mad is an understatement i was ready to be tied. The names of the 4 separate transactions made from our account seems to be lodged through other banks. Maybe the old boy that keeps it under the mattress has more sense. Heres hopeing it doesnt happen to anyone else.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
You will get the money back mate if it's been taken without your permission, you can bet on that.

Make sure you're shredding all your old bank statements and bills or anything you throw away. You can grab a shredder for around 15-20 quid that can do a few sheets at a time so it's not too time consuming. Nothing goes in our bin paper-work wise unless it's shredded.

That's a biggy with these identity thieves.

There was a thing on watchdog about this the other week.

W

White Room

You will get the money back mate if it's been taken without your permission, you can bet on that.

Make sure you're shredding all your old bank statements and bills or anything you throw away. You can grab a shredder for around 15-20 quid that can do a few sheets at a time so it's not too time consuming. Nothing goes in our bin paper-work wise unless it's shredded.

That's a biggy with these identity thieves.

There was a thing on watchdog about this the other week.

Same as, nothing goes out without being shredded

D

Daz

I had a massive dust up with my ex-bank approx 18 months ago. I had £10k go missing that had been paid in via a cash deposit box thingy and when I questioned it, the bank claimed that they had never received the payment. This went on for over 2 weeks and when I threatened to take it past the Regional Director the payment suddenly showed up "down the back of an employees desk".

I got my money back, then closed the account with a letter to the MD.

Always check your bank statements, there are more corrupt bank workers than fraudsters, IMO.

my mom and dad had 10 k taken out of their account one day i still think that my dad had replyed to an e mail to update his security numbers but he never admitted it Mom then warned me to watch out my reply " My son has got more money in his piggybank than ive got in my accounts so they wont get far "

also on a possitive note i tryed to use my debit card in a cashpoint in crete and within minutes my mobile rang and it was the bank checking to see if it was me

Reply to A bad day with the bank in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

What the customer said: Sean: You do not have enough tiles to complete the job. Cust: Thank God...
2 3 4 5 6
Replies
Views
bcd-87
B
Hi everyone not been on here for a while,been really busy.  This is whats happened,about 5...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T
C
hi all, i posted this thread in the arms as i didnt want the general public to hear my rant or...
2 3 4 5 6
Replies
Views
Marksmithtiling
M
C
I am in no doubt that our friend Wivers is now flying high! Before a company goes public...
Replies
Views
wivers
W
O
Dealing with bounced or cancelled cheques from non paying customers This happened to me a...
Replies
Views
The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP
T

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
A bad day with the bank
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.