Discuss Gettng money out of a non-payer! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Evening all,

Need a bit of advice.

Got a client who's decided not to pay my bill and do a bunk to Oz! Job was done first week of Oct and all was fine. Emails saying thanks very much etc, cheques in the post. Had no cheque after 2 weeks so emailed her and got fobbed off with her husband (the plastic surgeon) has been very busy and he takes care of the finances. Really sorry, I'll make sure the cheque in the post. Same thing every 2 weeks with different excuses. Since xmas none of my emails have been returned and still no money.
I've been to the house and it's empty/for sale - 1.8 million and I cant get my £700!! Neighbours said they have emigrated to Oz! (did overhear Oz mentioned a lot by the kids so seems to make sense)

Trying to find out the best way to get my money or if any of you guys have had something similar how was it resolved? Very hard to discuss it when they ignore you! Can I claim against the house or go to court if the owner has emigrated? Its a gated house with cameras so I cant even sh*t through the letterbox!!

Does anyone know, do I need a solicitor for the small claims court? That might be a way forward and it's quite easy to do apparently

O

Olz

Small claims court process immediately. Send the letter before action giving them 7 days then submit the court claim on the 8th day.

They probably won't respond if there no longer in the country so it'll be easy to get a judgement in default without even going to a court hearing. You win on the basis they don't reply to the court papers!

No need to mention they are out of the country it will only hinder your claim.

Once you win one of the options you have to obtain payment is to register a charge on their house. This will cause them no end of problems in selling it. And will pretty much force payment.

You'll need to act fast though as you'll need to obviously sort it before the house sells.

W

White Room

Small claims court process immediately. Send the letter before action giving them 7 days then submit the court claim on the 8th day.

They probably won't respond if there no longer in the country so it'll be easy to get a judgement in default without even going to a court hearing. You win on the basis they don't reply to the court papers!

No need to mention they are out of the country it will only hinder your claim.

Once you win one of the options you have to obtain payment is to register a charge on their house. This will cause them no end of problems in selling it. And will pretty much force payment.

You'll need to act fast though as you'll need to obviously sort it before the house sells.

That what it was I was trying to remember...

O

On one

Evening all,

Need a bit of advice.

Got a client who's decided not to pay my bill and do a bunk to Oz! Job was done first week of Oct and all was fine. Emails saying thanks very much etc, cheques in the post. Had no cheque after 2 weeks so emailed her and got fobbed off with her husband (the plastic surgeon) has been very busy and he takes care of the finances. Really sorry, I'll make sure the cheque in the post. Same thing every 2 weeks with different excuses. Since xmas none of my emails have been returned and still no money.
I've been to the house and it's empty/for sale - 1.8 million and I cant get my £700!! Neighbours said they have emigrated to Oz! (did overhear Oz mentioned a lot by the kids so seems to make sense)

Trying to find out the best way to get my money or if any of you guys have had something similar how was it resolved? Very hard to discuss it when they ignore you! Can I claim against the house or go to court if the owner has emigrated? Its a gated house with cameras so I cant even sh*t through the letterbox!!
Is there not a telephone number on the For Sale sign for the estate agents. I would contact them,mention that you intend to put a charge against the property. The thought that they might lose their commission on a £1.8m sale might shake the leaves from trees!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Gettng money out of a non-payer! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
G
Hi, I am after some honest advice regarding a job I done a few weeks ago for which I haven't...
Replies
Views
Just Rizzle
J
C
I'm almost lost for words!!!!! Last weekend I went to see a potential customer about some...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
What the customer said: Sean: You do not have enough tiles to complete the job. Cust: Thank God...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
bcd-87
B
P
We had a wet room installed about 8 months ago. The floor is tiled with large 60x60cm porcelain...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB