Discuss im so angry... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
just done a 20 mile round trip, to look at a slate job, it's ****ing with bloody rain, customer isn't living there so was supposed to meet the bloke that looks after the place.....get there dead on time, and no ones there, I had his number so rang him and he new nothing about it....and he was miles away visiting friends, rang the customer and she wont answer her phone, after ringing her 10 times I get a text asking me to stop ringing her as shes busy.....:incazzato:

if she was stood in front of me now I would bloody slap her.....people like this really get my blood boiling, i'm sure they think you got nothing ele's better to do....:mad2::mad2::mad2:

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
Same thing happened to me a couple of years back. I arrived on time and rang the bell. The curtains twitched but nobody answered the door. I tried a few more times over a 20 minute period, also ringing the womans mobile (no answer). Eventually she answered the door and said that the tile shop had rung her and said I wasn't coming!!!!! Then she said 'while you are here can you give me some advice on how we should tile our kitchen!!!!!! She only wanted free advice, no intention of employing my services. All this come around to that question should we charge for quoting?........but that's another thread.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
I would not have minded so much if the job was just round the corner, but a 20 mile round trip, house was in the middle of no where, took me half an hour driving round, just to find it, even the sat-nav had no idea where it was, all for nothing, she only rang me yesterday afternoon, some muppet had started the job, then realised he couldn't cut the slate and walked out, so she was desperate to get it sorted....go figure..

I don't know if it's just me, but I seem to be getting a lot of time wasters just lately, unrealistic budgets, had a email yesterday 10m2 slate floor, already had a quote off a builder £150, asking me if I could do it any cheaper...:mad2:

radim

TF
Arms
I would not have minded so much if the job was just round the corner, but a 20 mile round trip, house was in the middle of no where, took me half an hour driving round, just to find it, even the sat-nav had no idea where it was, all for nothing, she only rang me yesterday afternoon, some muppet had started the job, then realised he couldn't cut the slate and walked out, so she was desperate to get it sorted....go figure..

I don't know if it's just me, but I seem to be getting a lot of time wasters just lately, unrealistic budgets, had a email yesterday 10m2 slate floor, already had a quote off a builder £150, asking me if I could do it any cheaper...:mad2:
£ 150 per metre?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to im so angry... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

G
Hi, I am after some honest advice regarding a job I done a few weeks ago for which I haven't...
Replies
Views
Just Rizzle
J
Y
Hi, I recently laid underfloor warm up style matt heating. Half is an old floor taken back to...
Replies
Views
MW Smith Ceramics
M
What the customer said: Sean: You do not have enough tiles to complete the job. Cust: Thank God...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
bcd-87
B
T
DIY SOS. Helping people without time or money, in need desperate need to get a project...
Replies
Views
C
I'm almost lost for words!!!!! Last weekend I went to see a potential customer about some...
Replies
Views
White Room
W

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB