Discuss Latest report on Sparkles bathroom in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

For those that remember a woman going by the name of Sparkle....http://www.tilersforums.com/tiling-forum/72147-any-advice-re-bad-tiling-job.html

The outcome that she was reccomended a "good" tiler to sort this out..... The reality is what you see below. As understand it , it involved a full retile !!!! 001(1).jpg 001.jpg 002(1).jpg 010.jpg 003(1).jpg 009.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg 004.jpg 013.jpg 015.jpg

T

TJ Smiler

Hi i'm Toby, used to post on here years ago in my darker days as a newbie 'course trained tiler' and decided to come back on and see whats happened to all the old names.... good to see there are loads of you still on here, some may even remember me.

Anyway Holy S!!!, i just spent the last half hour (whilst waiting for my primer to dry!!) reading the original thread and was really enjoying the debate between busy tilers and not busy tilers and time served tilers vs course trained tilers that i decided to make a brew, sod the tiling off for an hour or so and settle down to a good read about how great her new pro tiler was. Maybe i'm being a bit harsh but why the hell did she not check this guy out properly rather than relying on her 'friends ex' who just so happened to be available the next week and was happy to do it at mates rates before she went ahead with him?

I have had quiet periods myself before and don't think being quiet means you are no good at tiling by any stretch, but given the circumstances of her specific situation i thought she would have questioned this guy on every single aspect of his business including why he was available so quickly as well as going round to previous customers houses to view his work..... How very frustrating people can be, after all the advice from you lot on here and she still didn't listen... Unbelievable lol

I do have sympathy for her but if i'm honest it aint very much.

What a shame.

O

Old Mod

HaHa i have been up since half two!!! Not the best sleeper in the world mate, still managed to put a couple of quotes together as well as refresh myself on here........... Am out on the sauce tonight too so hopefully my tiredness helps me get lashed quicker (and cheaper)
yeah I get the sleep thing, not something I'm good at either!
oh yeah thanks for the 5.22 wake up call by the way! Haha
push email can be a bummer sometimes! :thumbsup:

Hi i'm Toby, used to post on here years ago in my darker days as a newbie 'course trained tiler' and decided to come back on and see whats happened to all the old names.... good to see there are loads of you still on here, some may even remember me.

Anyway Holy S!!!, i just spent the last half hour (whilst waiting for my primer to dry!!) reading the original thread and was really enjoying the debate between busy tilers and not busy tilers and time served tilers vs course trained tilers that i decided to make a brew, sod the tiling off for an hour or so and settle down to a good read about how great her new pro tiler was. Maybe i'm being a bit harsh but why the hell did she not check this guy out properly rather than relying on her 'friends ex' who just so happened to be available the next week and was happy to do it at mates rates before she went ahead with him?

I have had quiet periods myself before and don't think being quiet means you are no good at tiling by any stretch, but given the circumstances of her specific situation i thought she would have questioned this guy on every single aspect of his business including why he was available so quickly as well as going round to previous customers houses to view his work..... How very frustrating people can be, after all the advice from you lot on here and she still didn't listen... Unbelievable lol

I do have sympathy for her but if i'm honest it aint very much.

What a shame.
Should have question him when he asked for money after three to four hours,as you say feel sorry but at the end its her own fault.

Reply to Latest report on Sparkles bathroom in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A
Abit about myself to start off with. Been in the building game for 30 years and can turn my...
Replies
Views
C
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
C
Sorry Dave, I’m not sure this is the right place for this post, so if it’s not could you move it...
Replies
Views
B
What tilersforums.com does for DIY and Professional Wall and Floor Tilers in the UK...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB