Discuss The worst install I've ever come across in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
If this fella is pricing against me and the finished work in his portfolio looks as good as mine yet my quote is hundreds more then it's not a surprise these cowboys can keep busy. Will look like the real tiler is trying to pull a fast one.

You need a print off of all these jobs that look good, but aren't. Show the customers when quoting why it can look okay and last a few months but will always backfire.

Wondering if this one was a plumber who did a bit of tiling too?

O

On one

You need a print off of all these jobs that look good, but aren't. Show the customers when quoting why it can look okay and last a few months but will always backfire.

Wondering if this one was a plumber who did a bit of tiling too?
On the face of it this one looks a bit better than a plumber that does a bit of tiling........maybe a decent tiler who has turned up blind and all of the prep has been done by a well meaning builder who has done it this way for years and never had a problem yet!!!

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

The job I am on atm looked OK as far as the floor tiling was concerned, but again the prep work let it down.

So much so that 150m2 had to be ripped up and re-laid, anhydrite screed treated as sand and cement.

Not good for the customer, but quite good for me. I am so glad I attended Ajax (Alan Jacksons) course in Durham.

So many tilers have no technical knowledge.

I

ian158

I recently had to change a shower screen, took out the last screw and the tiles fell off the wall..tiles had been dot and dabbed on sterling board!!!...more work for me...finished and very happy customer...now they have asked me to do there bathroom refit and kitchen refit..I love cowboys and their bad work..given me a fair bit of work this year....I wonder how many more jobs those guys have done that need putting right

I

ian158

I think all the threads like these, bad job threads, should have there own category on the forum menu.

Potential customers/diy'ers can easily click on any area or topic to research what they like. But if they were to see more of these examples it might help people choose more wisely who to spend there money on.

They need to be easier to find, instead of getting diluted in all the other more positive treads and topics??

i think it would be a good idea that the tile suppliers have a leaflet to give out to customers on the correct way in which tiles should be installed...it would give them more business..and pictures of bad jobs to show what can go wrong..it would also show some tilers up too!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to The worst install I've ever come across in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had my bathroom done in September and my floor tiles have movement in them and the grout is...
Replies
Views
D
Hi All, First time poster in need of assistance. Its been a while since ive tiled anything...
Replies
Views
SJPurdy
S
T
ok so i have started this thread because of a conversation between me and dan in another thread...
Replies
Views
C
Hello Tilers I am a new girl on this site and I desperately need some good advice. It seems...
Replies
Views
Cottage lady
C
R
Hi gys just a quick rant to vent my anger!! and ask for your help (wet room guys) After a long 3...
Replies
Views
Sean SML Tiling
S

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB