UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss We're all a bunch of thieves! Not! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Pebbs

Adam and Phil your both right in everything you wrote. Sometimes you just need to get of site for some fresh air, the noise drives me mental at the best of times, then you have to contend with people walking over your work. Im templating some treads, they can walk up the ramp but no the idiots can see your working and want to walk up them...give me a break! I got pulled because the lads had put the wrong colour tape over the corex.. f right off! I was supposed to be on holiday last week, it got cancelled because we were under the cosh, I stayed and got banned for having a coffee outside. And the wearing of gloves when doing the wet cutting is another bugbear, now they want you to wear goggles, well who can see though those goggles! No hop ups on site, so like Phil said you wait forever for them to do the tower, then you cant move! I know I rant from time to time, I just want the works finished, because I cant stand all the pettiness I get everyday lately.

Lynn

B

Bolter

Adam and Phil your both right in everything you wrote. Sometimes you just need to get of site for some fresh air, the noise drives me mental at the best of times, then you have to contend with people walking over your work. Im templating some treads, they can walk up the ramp but no the idiots can see your working and want to walk up them...give me a break! I got pulled because the lads had put the wrong colour tape over the corex.. f right off! I was supposed to be on holiday last week, it got cancelled because we were under the cosh, I stayed and got banned for having a coffee outside. And the wearing of gloves when doing the wet cutting is another bugbear, now they want you to wear goggles, well who can see though those goggles! No hop ups on site, so like Phil said you wait forever for them to do the tower, then you cant move! I know I rant from time to time, I just want the works finished, because I cant stand all the pettiness I get everyday lately.

Lynn

It seems like they are afraid we will earn a decent wage.

peteablard

TF
Arms
Cheshire
Sounds like there more freedom in an open prison..

Very true, I worked on Broadmoor (Ok so technically a hospital but you get the idea...) last year, getting in and out was a challenge but once in there as long as you had a high viz vest on you could do what you wanted, drink coffee wherever and whenever you wanted, cut anything without goggles, gloves or hard hats.... etc......
I sort of miss the laid back approach to H+S however I don't miss the panic of walking past some of the nutters while getting to and from the area we were working in :yikes:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to We're all a bunch of thieves! Not! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views
I have cream coloured limestone tiles installed on outdoor walls around the perimeter of my...
Replies
Views
J
    • Winner
moved to the london area in 1984 when my wife got a transfer to Guildford with her works. needed...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.