Discuss can anybody shine some laser or light on something for me? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Testing
360 self leveling tripod laser level very handy to make your datum line with if nothing else. Dont go cheap with the 360 laser level you have to level up yourself,, thats what i did originally and it wasnt very good i ment.

I won't be going for a laser which doesn't self level.. Kind of defeats the point :D

R

RDTiling

Bosch laser square is great for setting out but I always transfer the lines to the floor then use a chalk line.

Thanks Neale. I did look at that but I also looked at the Bosch Professional Tile Laser Complete, I thought it might be handier if someone chose a diamond setup.

hmmmm....will need to ponder this further.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
S

SJPurdy

Always used the traditional level sets. but just before xmas I was subcontracting to a building firm.. the foreman was running in lines for the downlights to be put in through the ceiling with his laser level and pole..

all singing dancing things.. self leveling off a pole which when I stuck my 6ft level on it was reading 3-4" out.. :yikes:

SO .. after using it and playing around with how far we could reach with it, i thought id like one.
Ino alot of you use them, and some stayed with just levels & some use both.

what can you recommend in the price range of £90-200 inc pole..

+ I shall be putting your recommendations to TradeTiler :thumbsup:

Whenever ceiling fitters etc have demonstrated there cheap self levelling lasers to me; and I have checked them, it is the laser that is out - by several mm over a ~6m wall.
Just checking in a eg screwfix catalogue non of them have a declared accuracy that I think is suitable for tiling, well not until u spend several £100 for a rotating one.

Whenever ceiling fitters etc have demonstrated there cheap self levelling lasers to me; and I have checked them, it is the laser that is out - by several mm over a ~6m wall.
Just checking in a eg screwfix catalogue non of them have a declared accuracy that I think is suitable for tiling, well not until u spend several £100 for a rotating one.

Several of the lads on here have and use ones which aren't to expensive.

And they are mostly accurate within 0.5mm

J

jonnyc

Just had my spectra precsion accusquare stolen which ive had for ten years plus so could not resist this plsft90 from tradetiler. great tool and very robust

Attachments

• 019.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 187
P

prceramics

Thanks Neale. I did look at that but I also looked at the Bosch Professional Tile Laser Complete, I thought it might be handier if someone chose a diamond setup.

hmmmm....will need to ponder this further.

this is a great lasor for setting up your chalk lines saves a lot of time, but the lasor is not very bright and stuggles in bright light you might need the red goggles

R

RDTiling

this is a great lasor for setting up your chalk lines saves a lot of time, but the lasor is not very bright and stuggles in bright light you might need the red goggles

Last night I ended up ordering the one that Neale suggested. It's about 1/4 of the price, so I'll give it a go. Fingers crossed it is ok! It should be here in a couple of days - just in time for my next floor job starting :thumbsup:

B

Bubblecraft

Gus, how does this laser work with the problem of the knurled bits on the pole if that is where you want your line to fall? On the stabila you just adjust the heights of the lengths of pole. The Stanley fatmax looks as if on the first section of pole that distance is fixed. I guess you could just place something under the pole?

Hi mate,
The very top has a large sprung area so you can lock each section at different heights so you can mount the laser anywhere. Quite hard to explain but really easy to work around

Hi mate,
The very top has a large sprung area so you can lock each section at different heights so you can mount the laser anywhere. Quite hard to explain but really easy to work around

Hi Gus, but basically with your Fatmax you can put it anywhere on the pole?

Last night I ended up ordering the one that Neale suggested. It's about 1/4 of the price, so I'll give it a go. Fingers crossed it is ok! It should be here in a couple of days - just in time for my next floor job starting :thumbsup:

Got your new laser RD?

R

RDTiling

I sure did. I've not had a chance to use it on a job yet, as this bowling club floor keeps getting postponed. All being well, I'll be priming the floor with Sbr slurry) on Friday and then setting out and tiling on Saturday.

i tried it out in the house and worked a treat, good lasers which are easy enough to see, even during the middle of the day without the need for glasses.

I'll let you know how it performs when setting out, assuming I ever get in to do it!

I sure did. I've not had a chance to use it on a job yet, as this bowling club floor keeps getting postponed. All being well, I'll be priming the floor with Sbr slurry) on Friday and then setting out and tiling on Saturday.

i tried it out in the house and worked a treat, good lasers which are easy enough to see, even during the middle of the day without the need for glasses.

I'll let you know how it performs when setting out, assuming I ever get in to do it!

Which one did you go for?

When I got mine i had a good old play, testing what was level and un-level

Reply to can anybody shine some laser or light on something for me? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

M
Hi, looking for advice with regard to Polypipe overlay. We have bought this already for a...
Replies
Views
W
Right I have finally saved some money for a laser.level but do I go for the bosch gll 250 cross...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. Just had a tiler do some tiling on a job for me.. I was not on this job when he...
2 3
Replies
Views
N
Hello everyone a very happy new year to you all!! It’s been a while since I last posted...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G
L
Hi guys, Im new to this forum, I am a sparky and a member of the Electricians forum, so...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 9966
D

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB