Discuss OK time to fess up! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bubblecraft

I was doing a bathroom fit a few years ago but turned out to be a job from hell! Everything went wrong that could though it looked a straight forward fit. Bath out, shower in....simples!
geze2esy.jpg

I started raggling the wall to put a cold & hot feed in for a new mixer shower. The walls are fully made of plaster. Inbetween both sides of the wall is like a honeycomb plaster. Very brittle too.
I started raggling with a pad saw as it was very easy to cut when all of a sudden, a huge chunk of plaster fell through into the hallway.
me7y4ega.jpg

adu3ymag.jpg

I couldn't think how to rectify this until I had a brain wave!
u5a3u2a2.jpg

An access hatch for isolation valves. Originally I had put the isolation valves under the sink.
I told the customer that as the bathroom was so small, I couldn't put the isolation valves anywhere else.
a4ega5yr.jpg

a6y2ypuh.jpg

Oh the shame!!

C

Colour Republic

Another thread has prompted me in to this.

This confession is less of a school boy error but more a lack of experience

Just a year after I started out doing refurbs I got a job fitting a new kitchen for one of my best mates uncles (My mate still works for me to this day) Of course this included the tiling which were chamfered metro brick bond tiles, In my quest for perfection and knowing trim would never sit flat against the chamfered edges I decided to mitre the tiles in to the window reveals.

If the truth be told I admire my young self to go to the trouble but sadly my in-experience meant although my mitres were perfect, the ceramic edge meant they were razor sharp!

Fast forward a year and I’m in the pub with my best mate’s old man and he asks me to pass the cheese?? "What the hell are you talking about Russ??" Turns out that since I finished, the uncle had taken to grating his cheese on my dangerously sharp mitres to highlight my faux pas. It got so bad at one point that complete strangers (although not strangers to my mates old man) would come and say "I've been told you're the man to speak to about cheese graters" wink. wink, nudge, nudge.... bas***ds!

15 years later I still get asked to pass the cheese by the mate’s old man. 15 years! and still no sign of dementia no matter how hard I pray

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to OK time to fess up! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all Hoping for some opinions on how to handle an ongoing issue in having with my tiler He...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
G
Hi, I am after some honest advice regarding a job I done a few weeks ago for which I haven't...
Replies
Views
Just Rizzle
J
Y
I will do a search for the answers to save messing about, but I better fess up and tell you what...
2 3
Replies
Views
yahoo2u2
Y

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
OK time to fess up!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.