Discuss Should We Used Old Methods For Todays Problems in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spare Tool

listern tilers have been used as test dummys for years bring out a new product test in lab bring to site until the tilers have worked it out how it realy works it destroys some along the way but they dont care your just anther test dummy lambs to the slauter i was asked about this kind of lay the other day and sat down with the client and told him this was still in the learning prosese lucky he sell a lot of the products you use day to day so new what i was telling him so any way he is going to lay 120 m2 of flooring straight on these pipes so this is what we decided would be the best test

1 laytex over the piping with fibra renifoced laytex securing the piping and filling in the voids bring in flush with the pipe inlay

2 cover with a decoupler

3 laytex over decouplar with fibra reninfoced laytex 8 to 10 mm

4 now cover with decouplar again

5 now fix tiles with flexable adhesive

6 the thinking behind this is that it allows movement between the pipes the laytex and the tiles
we all agree that this is a £9000 exsperament but he wants to know as much as me will this work
Wow...some prep there, if that fails we're all doomed. Think that'll answer the original question though 'should we use old methods.....' answer NO ;)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I'll try and get some sort of disclaimer in writing off somebody...hopefully o_O
I'd be interested on Bri's take on this as he did mention in another post this is also a method he uses..
Bri??
You can Bri in a post by using the @ sign at the front of his name. @Bri.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
listern tilers have been used as test dummys for years bring out a new product test in lab bring to site until the tilers have worked it out how it realy works it destroys some along the way but they dont care your just anther test dummy lambs to the slauter i was asked about this kind of lay the other day and sat down with the client and told him this was still in the learning prosese lucky he sell a lot of the products you use day to day so new what i was telling him so any way he is going to lay 120 m2 of flooring straight on these pipes so this is what we decided would be the best test

1 laytex over the piping with fibra renifoced laytex securing the piping and filling in the voids bring in flush with the pipe inlay

2 cover with a decoupler

3 laytex over decouplar with fibra reninfoced laytex 8 to 10 mm

4 now cover with decouplar again

5 now fix tiles with flexable adhesive

6 the thinking behind this is that it allows movement between the pipes the laytex and the tiles
we all agree that this is a £9000 exsperament but he wants to know as much as me will this work
Christ. Fair test that is!

What decoupler brand are you using?

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

Wow...some prep there, if that fails we're all doomed. Think that'll answer the original question though 'should we use old methods.....' answer NO ;)
well this does not answer that question here we are keeping the hight to the minim but allowing maxinam cost £40 m2 surplied and fitted including labour 2 decouplars adhesive for tiles and laytex but not tile fixing against £6,20 m2 all in not including labour i think the real question has just been answered any one that does not understand the answer is just a money making machine for all your surpliers

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
There is no truth to the rumour that we are going to dye the screeds red. One manufacturer has begun supplying coloured screeds, they have a red one and a green one and are soon to have a blue one. Problem is this is cost inhibitive for the manufacturers in general so it will not spread to all screeds.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Should We Used Old Methods For Todays Problems in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I am part-way through having retrofit underfloor heating installed (the panel type) and in a...
Replies
Views
S
Hi guys I'm going to try to tile my bathroom. On the pictures you will see two old window...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
U
About a year ago, I had 64 sqm porcelain tiles installed on top of a concrete slab, forming a...
Replies
Views
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
R
Hi all, This is my first post and as you will see I am not a tiler and have little knowledge...
Replies
Views
The D
T

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB