Search the forum,

Discuss THE Quit Smoking Thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

So its the end of another week, how are the quitters doing? I'm on day 11 now without one, I am however going for a couple of pints later and I know this will be my biggest challenge yet (I've not touched any alcohol since I stopped). I'll let you all know how I get on!!!!

B

b30 villain

Day 14 bri and i am having a few buds tonight. I had a drink the weekend at home and was fine so good luck

D

diamondtiling

I have a very addictive personality and Im incredibly sensitive to caffeine and dont drink coffee unless im really tired.

I drink loads of tea when im working but the caffeine levels are ok, one cup of coffee and im all over the shop. Plus coffee and smoking is a recipe for heinous breath!

Dom have you not had more than 4 pints since december or is that 4 pints in a session?

No more than 4 mate since December 15th ish, apart from 2 last night in Bristol. Not bad at all for me.

:thumbsup:

S

Scott

Brian i know where your coming from with the beer and smoking thing. It goes hand in hand doenst it? Although not so sure how it is now you have to go out for a smoke in the pub?

I deliberately didnt do anything differently when i stopped. IT was xmas week so plenty of drinking and parties, i think if you stop enjoying yourself as well then it makes it feel like you are giving up even more than just smoking. Thats how it was put int he book i read anyway.

Well done so far

S

SandyFloor

Day 5 nearly over for me. I'm finding it easier than I thought so far thanks to the patches and the inhaler for emergency urges. The wife was a heavier smoker than me and she's not having too bad a time either. I am struggling with my moods though and am really irritable and sometimes find it hard to concentrate but I'm confident that will pass over time .....reassurance please :lol: oh......sleeping brilliantly :thumbsup:

Reaction score
I'm still on the wagon, and now my cravings are getting less, and less. TBH, I cant really remember how long its been now, a good few weeks though. So well done to all of us quiters, and lets keep it up.

U

user123

Day 5 nearly over for me. I'm finding it easier than I thought so far thanks to the patches and the inhaler for emergency urges. The wife was a heavier smoker than me and she's not having too bad a time either. I am struggling with my moods though and am really irritable and sometimes find it hard to concentrate but I'm confident that will pass over time .....reassurance please :lol: oh......sleeping brilliantly :thumbsup:

Nothing to do with smoking that's just middle age and January... join the club... loads of grumpy people about of late, it will pass when spring is here... :) :thumbsup: WELL DONE!!!

Reply to THE Quit Smoking Thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen