Discuss Chancing customer in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bubblecraft

Popped into Topps this morning to collect an order & they asked me if I was taking away the Travertine too. Told them I don't have a Travertine job. It was put through my discount. After further investigation, found out it was a customer I quoted for months ago. She wanted me to start right away which I couldn't do. She was then quite cheeky about it so I respectfully declined.

I phoned her from the shop & questioned it. She was so cheeky thinking she can use my account at her pearl. I stated that the receipt has my details on it & says to be collected by us. I said I'll collect them, but I ain't doing your job & you will not be getting them.

10 mins later she tries to leave false feedback on my website.

Busted!

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bubblecraft

My email to her was:

Unauthorised use of Trade Discount

Dear Miss XXXX

We had given our Topps Tiles trade discount number in good faith. As we respectfully declined to carry out the work at your property in High Parksail, all privileges through our company were removed. With you purchasing products under our name, this looks like we are carrying out unregistered work during the tax year which is chargeable by HMRC.

As you can understand, I personally was not happy with the situation you have put our company in and so, my phone call was to have this rectified.

My admin assistant notified me that we received negative feedback on our website 20 minutes after our phone call. As every single one of our customers has left positive feedback, I can only assume this was yourself. The IP address was traced back to a BT provided line in the local area.
I am disappointed that you feel I am a "bully boy tradesman" as I was more than apologetic when I had to respectively decline the work on your property.

I have authorised for the tiles currently in Topps Tiles to be collected by yourself or a third party, with the discount still applied.

The trade account has been blocked for public use without my authorisation for any future transactions.

I will not take this matter any further.

Her reply was:

RE: Abusive phone call

Dear Mr Cairney,

I now understand your position as explained below and I'm sending this reply only with a view to smoothing things over.

First off, let me begin by stating this has been a genuine misunderstanding and I am sorry if this has caused you problems. However, I have spent the best part of the morning in tears and unable to work, following your fairly aggressive phone call.

To address the issue of negative feedback on your website, this was not me as I had to leave my desk immediately after speaking with you and I am still shaken. I suspect one of my colleagues may have left the feedback after seeing how distressed I was and hoping to warn other people.

When you advised me of your Topps Tiles reference number and encouraged me to use it, it was not clear to me there would be tax implications for you. I actually thought I was doing your business good by increasing the volume of spend to the supplier, thus enhancing your terms with Topps. When you originally viewed our property, you were so emphatic about us using the reference number, I naturally assumed there must be some benefit to you.

I would add that I bought our kitchen tiles from Topps last month and did NOT use your ref. The gentleman who served me insisted I use a reference number that HE suggested. Of course this made me further assume the tradesman must get 'points' or better rates from Topps with increased sales.

I am not happy with you calling me in the manner that you did. Please kindly delete any contact details you have for me.

I appreciate you have authorised the transaction with the discount intact and I thank you for that gesture of goodwill.

You will not hear from me again, I consider the matter closed.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bubblecraft

It could have Dave. I'm a bit miffed that she/they done it but luckily I have control over that. In the section of "Name", she/they put "Withheld" No balls to even put their name. They won't have the bottle to do it on their Facebook, Twitter, Netmums, 192 or anything else as their name will be shown.

Best of it was, I quoted her, she was happy with the quote but kicked off cause she couldn't get me straight away. Once she kicked off the way she did, I respectfully declined to do any work for her. I was highly recommended to her by several people.

If any more comes of it, they will regret it!

B

Bubblecraft

I also had an email about an hour after her last correspondence for an "enquiry" from an Alison Currie

Didn't contact me using the contact section of the website (traceable), nor through Facebook, no contact number or address & used an iCloud email address.

Email:

Hi there, we are in shawlands so I'm not sure if you even cover this area? But we are needing a quote for a blocked sink in the bathroom, a new down pipe for outside and would be good to get a quote for a new bathroom too. Also got another few jobs needing done, probably joiner work?

If you can let me know if you cover our area that would be great!look forward to hearing from you,
Thanks
Alison

Could have been legit but I've no time to do it anyway. Seemed rather fishy to me. I normally pass work on. Too much a coincidence I thought!

I

Ian

I would be bloody fuming mate if it was me, I had it happen to me once, quoted a job, didn't get it then found out she was trying to get my discount from the tile shop for her son to do the job.... bloody chancers and come out with the most stupidest excuse when they get caught out..

It probably one of the only good things about my local Topps, they ring me if anyone tries to use my discount.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
It probably one of the only good things about my local Topps, they ring me if anyone tries to use my discount.

that's how I found out bri, tile shop rang me when she was trying to use my discount, I said to the sales assistant 'ask her if I got the job' she replied 'no my sons doing it' I replied 'tell her to go get stuffed then'...:lol:

Reply to Chancing customer in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

G
Hi, I am after some honest advice regarding a job I done a few weeks ago for which I haven't...
Replies
Views
Just Rizzle
J
F
Had one today, Went to look at the job prior to starting. It's a plumber who I know's daughter...
Replies
Views
bcd-87
B
What the customer said: Sean: You do not have enough tiles to complete the job. Cust: Thank God...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
bcd-87
B
T
Just need to share this, I am working for a female engineer, she is doing my head in, I think I...
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Replies
Views
aphilp
A
I did a quote today and asked for the customers email address. 'We don't have email' was the...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB